Problems with new update re: clipping

Rob25

Hi folks,

I just checked for updates on 4.6.2015 and evernote offered a new update.  After trying to download the new update, there was a pop up box that told me that the update might not install correctly and gave me 2 options - to either disable clipping or install a version that was more compatible to my operating system.   I  do not want to disable clipping - I like clipping - Please tell me what to do here - should I update the program or not?  My operating system is win 7 home premium, running ie 11 and firefox 37.0.1.  and my current  Evernote version is 5.8.5.7193 (275193) Public. 

What is the story with clipping and the latest update?

Thanks,

Rob

• Level 5*

Hi.  I've not seen that pop up box - any way you can generate it again and capture a screen shot?  I do know that every time Evernote installs it wants to close down and delete the old version before installing the new,  and as part of that close-down and uninstall,  there's a pop up window that says if I close Evernote I'll lose any clipping functionality.  Is that what you're seeing?  If so,  don't worry about it.  All the clipping functionality will come back with the newly installed version.

Archived