Evernote email address

I've set up my default notebook as an inbox for forwarded emails.  This works... except I only get the title and message, but not who it is from.  Is there a way to pull the senders email address and name in with the message?

I see email address and and names in the windows desktop version. 

It might help to tell us what version you are using and maybe set up some tests by emailing your self and then forwarding it to evernote so you can show us what it looks like in your evernote account. 

• Level 5*

I have had the same issues.  If you simply forward, or cc, an email to EN you don't get the email header information, subject, date, from and to.  Same if you use a rule to forward incoming emails.  To preserve the header information I send the email and then forward it from my sent folder.  A major PITA.  Haven't found a way to get around it.  

It would be nice to bcc my EN email address and have the entire email appear in EN, but it doesn't.  You get the body, but nothing else.

Thanx csihilling.  Yes it would be great to get all the other important info.  I am hoping to use the EV email in a contact form for a website so that folks interested in what the website offers can send their enquirers and we can pick it up on the fly in EV and add it to our work flow.

• Level 5*

You are welcome though I'm not sure I helped at all.  

Yeah, if you are directing email to your EN account you will lose the header information.  I even tried bcc'ing emails to a second account and then rule forwarding to EN; still didn't get the header information.  But I'm no email expert so maybe there's a solution or workaround out there.  

One thing though, you might try displaying the author field in list view and see if the sender's email address is there.  It seems to be for me, but it is a might ugly as a solution.  I don't know how to easily get the author data out but it might work in the interim.  The note title would be the subject and created could be a surrogate for date.  Ugly as I said, FWIW.

• Level 5*

You can copy the contents of list view to Excel. Highlight any note in list view, hit Ctrl-A to highlight all, Ctrl-C to copy, and then paste into Excel. You can cut/paste from there if you like.

Is this becoming a round peg in a square hole?

Well any program has its limitations.  I don't expect EN to function as an email client.  It won't fold my laundry.  I just have to overcome my laziness to type out a few letters.  Thanx for the insights.  I've learned a few things

• Level 5*

You are welcome, glad to help a little at least.  

I share your philosophy re software expectations.  If a workaround is better than the alternative, use the workaround and keep things  in one place.  If  not....   

Archived