How do I get my avatar to display in my Work Chat notes?

I've updated my online profile with a custom avatar, but it doesn't seem to appear when I'm working on messages exchanged through the Work Chat on my Mac. What do I need to do to get that to appear?

I went to https://www.evernote.com/secure/ProfileSettings.actionto change my profile photo, which appears to me as a blank  silhouette. After clicking the relevant pulldown I selected "Upload New," browsed to the desired .jpg (a file occupying 59 kb), and uploaded it. However, my avatar has not changed. I attempted this from a different, Windows-based computer several days ago with the same result. Please advise.

Thank you for your suggestion, but that was the first thing I did even before Evernote had implemented their Work Chat feature. See my enclosed screenshots.

evernote_profile.png

Plus, my avatar is present here in these forums :-)

You can see in the workchat, my avatar does not show.

evernote_workchat.png

• Level 5*

Hi.  Unless the post was also you,  there's at least one person out there with a similar issue;  your picture was a JPG of less than 700K,  so should have been acceptable.  (The page should accept JPG GIF and PNG formats).

Not exactly sure what to advise,  apart from keep trying - and check the Knowledge Base entries on Chat:  https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/guide/guide_workchat/1

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  The only picture I have online is the one in my EN profile,  and that comes up in my work chats.  If yours is not appearing,  I'd suggest changing the picture to something different,  then change it back again  and retry.  How are you initiating the chats?  From your installed desktop,  or from the web version?

Good suggestion about changing my avatar. I'll give it a go.

For what it's worth, I'm generally initiating chats from my Mac desktop software, occasionally from one of my iOS mobile devices, but I'll try doing a few from the web version to see if anything different appears.

Thanks again for lending a hand!

• 3 weeks later...

Same is happening to me. The avatar that is linked with my EN account is showing up here and on the account page. Not in the work chats and wasn't even visible via EN for Android. So I updated it there as well. No luck! 

Someone a suggestion ?

• 7 months later...

My question was if Evernote has acknowledged the bug and if the user that has posted this topic ever found a solution.    So the reason I'm posting here is just to get feedback from this person.    I've contacted Evernote but still trying to figure out the problem.     

Archived