Clip and save to... any random notebook?

sonoma mann

Evernote is oriented around a collection of notebooks, so obviously when I clip something from the web, it should ask what notebook I want to put the clipping in, right? Yet I see no such prompt or option. There is an oddly phraased option to always put clips into "current or default noteook," whatever that might mean, but that's not at all helpful. Is there some way to get it to prompte me to designate the notebook for each clip? The alternative seems suboptimal and downright absurd, I.e., to remember to move the clips out of the arbitrary notebooks they've been stuck into and put them in the right ones.

Thanks very much.

Sonoma Mann

Evernote is oriented around a collection of notebooks, so obviously when I clip something from the web, it should ask what notebook I want to put the clipping in, right? Yet I see no such prompt or option. There is an oddly phraased option to always put clips into "current or default noteook," whatever that might mean, but that's not at all helpful. Is there some way to get it to prompte me to designate the notebook for each clip? The alternative seems suboptimal and downright absurd, I.e., to remember to move the clips out of the arbitrary notebooks they've been stuck into and put them in the right ones.

Thanks very much.

Sonoma Mann

Every Evernote account has a default notebook, which is where notes that do not have a designated notebook go (IE if you email something into your EN account).  When you are using an EN client, you can select a notebook to work in.  IE, if you're clipping a lot of notes about a particular topic, this way you don't have to specify a notebook each time.  Just go to that notebook in the client & clip away.  Most users (including me) would hate to have to specify a notebook for each clipping, which is why there are these options.  Hardly absurd.  Many people use their default notebook as an inbox & then clear their inbox at a later date. 

Archived