Recent update changed the camera settings.

I use the camera extensively in my notes for work, and the quality of pictures and ease of use was awesome. I take a lot of photos of employees as they work for a company newsletter, and I was able to use my phone exclusively for this and it allowed me to stop carrying a digital camera with me at all times. After the most recent update, the camera features have changed, and it is not as user friendly as it used to be. The zoom bar has been removed, and the camera now struggles to focus as quickly as I need it to. Also, the picture quality doesn't appear to be as sharp. Is there any way to change the camera settings back?

• 2 weeks later...

I agree. The new camera settings are not as user friendly. Every time I take a photo of a business card and tell it to save as a Business Card it spins on processing for awhile and then shows a black rectangle rather than the picture of the business card. None of the fields are consequently populated.

I posted a similar response on the feedback section.  I hope they will fix this.  I am sure some people who have a lot of time on their hands prefer the new method.  At least they could make it revert to the old method when you change from auto to manual.

My camera has been useless since the last app update as well. It does the recognition of the document then sits on 'Capturing' with the green rectangle forever. I've tried removing and re-installing the app as well but not dice. Using the camera a lot for work this has really messed up my workflow in Evernote for the last week. I'm using the latest iOS on an iPhone 6.

I just had the same problem with scanning business cards: on one scan it took forever to recognize it as a business card and then there was the photo of it but almost all information was missing (no, not due to glare). On the second one, it was again scanning it forever in order to recognize it as a business card, it finally did but populated the information with some other person's information from the same company. LinkedIn? What is happening?!!

I am all for improvements but they should be tested thoroughly before releasing un official upgrade. Are they using us as test monkeys so that they can save money on doing the testing themselves? 

I am also using the latest iOS on an iPhone 6. 

I submitted a ticket to Evernote, they've acknowledged there is a bug, not sure if it is specific to iPhone 6, but it appears that way. No ETA on a fix, but I would assume it's probably a high priority.

First, I'll admit that I have an old, antique iPhone 4. That said, the business card feature has worked just fine for me until now. The automatic feature is now slow, but no matter which way I go, once the photo is taken (and I can see that it is a clear photo) and I select to save it as a business card, all I get is a black photo and no information pre-filled. That there is a problem with this feature in the update is a definite understatement.

4/14/2015 Update: After latest "fix" downloaded, camera still takes just as long but now when saving I don't even get the option to save as a business card. It just saves as a snapshot. This is true whether I am in automatic or manual mode. Was such a nice business card feature, now gone.

• 1 year later...

Archived