Moving Notes

gsallman

Idea

I was unable to find out how to move a note/notes from one workbook to another. After a few minutes of trying to work it, I reverted to the old interface out and did the task immediately - just drag and drop - simple. I'll be sticking with the old interface, The whole point of the UI is to make things easy to to, not obfuscate them.

IMO The new interface is not user friendly, it requires more clicks and actions to get things done and is not as intuitive as the old interface.

This is a good example of the current trend of dumbing down the UI and sacrificing functionality in the process. Sorry.

2 replies to this idea

I was unable to find out how to move a note/notes from one workbook to another. After a few minutes of trying to work it, I reverted to the old interface out and did the task immediately - just drag and drop - simple. I'll be sticking with the old interface, The whole point of the UI is to make things easy to to, not obfuscate them.

IMO The new interface is not user friendly, it requires more clicks and actions to get things done and is not as intuitive as the old interface.

This is a good example of the current trend of dumbing down the UI and sacrificing functionality in the process. Sorry.

Sorry you had trouble with this. We are going to be addressing this usability issue in a future release and have heard from multiple users feedback on this. In the short term, here's how you do it in the Beta: 

1. While editing your note, there should be in the upper left corner of the note a dropdown menu. 
  2. Clicking on that dropdown menu will allow you to move the note. 

Hello, we've since changed the location of the move notebook dropdown.  You can find details here: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/85672-web-client-beta-release-notes-6112015/.  Hope this helps. 

Nancy 

Archived