(Archived) Evernote for Android 1.3B1

Philip Constantinou

I like the new layout with the search field on top. The only thing I'm missing now is saved searches.

Saved searches are there. Just press the menu button and then tap Saved Search.

If I press the menu button on the main screen the only options I get is notes, pending Notes, about evernote, settings and sign out. Am I missing something?

I like the new layout with the search field on top. The only thing I'm missing now is saved searches.

Saved searches are there. Just press the menu button and then tap Saved Search.

If I press the menu button on the main screen the only options I get is notes, pending Notes, about evernote, settings and sign out. Am I missing something?

This is what I get: post-20011-131906064898_thumb.png

Maybe you have to have a Saved Search, that might be why you don't see it?

I certainly echo the request that notifications be configurable, or at least be able to be turned off. I assumed that this beta SW was stuck due to an inaccurate and unnecessary notification, killing the app more than once to "correct" it.

I'm running Evernote 1.3 on the Motorola Droid, and I'm having the same problem with Select Tags that lewarcher described in the Evernote for Android 1.2B2 thread:

Thanks! But I've recently found a bigger problem. When creating a new note and selecting "Select tags" the application first freezes and then force closes. I have around 50 tags, that shouldn't be to much. The best would be if the android client let you browse the hierarchal structure.

I currently have 63 tags arranged in a two level hierarchy. Under what conditions does the Select Tags dropdown ever work? Is there a way that I can browse and apply my existing tags, rather than having to remember what they are?

Thanks for any help!

I'm sorry to say that I just downgraded from premium and went back to OneNote. Without local storage and the ability to edit formatted notes, the Android client was useless to me and not having one at all won't be an issue. While there are things about Evernote I like, I still don't think it's comparable to OneNote's functionality--simple bullet and number lists are cumbersome. I will keep an eye on Evernote's progress.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, there will be more updates. We're working with an Android guru who knows some tricks to use the camera support more effectively. I'm looking forward to what he comes up with, since my main phone is now the Droid.

How do you add a new notebook, when you are on the phone? Can it only be done from the computer? Very confusing and NOT intuitive. (Driod user). Is there an online manual that explains how do do things. I've been poking around for an hour trying to figure this out. The menus have no information. If I want to create a new note on the phone, and create a new notebook (file?) to stick it in, how the heck do you create a new notebook on the phone w/o having to go to the computer to do. It should be simple to do. It's not.

Tia :(

Archived