Evernote Different Android Versions Tablet vs Phone

Hi, I was just wondering why on my Samsung Galaxy S3, I can get an Add Button that allows Handwriting, Text, Audio and etc types, but on my Tablet the button has no type options and takes you directly into a New Text Item screen.

That would be really good to know why it works like that, everything's on Android so I would have expected it to be the same.

Thanks

Pierino

Thanks Gazumped, long press & swipe right does show some more options.

But I don't get why the same Android version runs different on a Tablet versus a phone. In fact, on the phone, you get more options, on a smaller screen, so the wrong way round if anything, probably there's a simple & obvious answer.

• Level 5*

Wouldn't say there's necessarily an obvious answer,  but if the tablet was a new install,  whereas the phone was an update,  then maybe the tablet was waiting for config instructions,  while the phone just followed the previous set-up for that device.  Different screen geography means different default set-ups,  but I'd agree you'd expect the less-busy ones to be on the phone...  might be worth a bug report  -  choose "report a bug..." in the first dropdown after logging in here> https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

Hi there, it got resolved, well explained by Matt in Evernote support : "Evernote application will register the layout depending on the classification of (phone or tablet) and choose the layout accordingly" which makes sense.

Archived