remove evernote from my mac

paulajean

Idea

I added the free version of Evernote-- I didn't like how it comes up in all kinds of places and so I deleted it from my applications folder--it still comes up every time I print anything (every program) which I find very annoying.  I can't figure out how to make it stop and go away.  Any help would be welcome.

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*

Sorry that Evernote didn't work out for you.  It is really a great app and you can control its access to other Apps on your Mac.  See Step #1 below.  If "comes up in all kinds of places " is your only complaint/concern, you might give it another try and set the access in Step #1 below.

Some suggestions to Remove (or limit access of) Evernote from Your Mac:

1. It may be too late now that you have deleted Evernote.app, but you can control its access to other apps:
    Goto Mac Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy, and uncheck Evernote anywhere you do not want it to have access.
  2. If you have not restarted your Mac since trashing the Evernote.app, do so now.
  3. Goto Mac Preferences > Users & Groups > YourUserName > Login Items
    1. Remove all items with Evernote or EvernoteHelper in the name
    2. Restart your Mac
  4. Do a Spotlight and/or Finder search on "Evernote", and remove any items you found that you don't want
    then restart your Mac
  5. If all else fails, try using a app uninstaller util like AppDelete or AppCleaner

Archived