Feature / Enhancement Request

I'm fairly new to Evernote and love it so far. I was looking for a single app where I could make lists, notes and reminders. I love the fact that I can integrate the content between my iPhone, Mac at home and my Windows PC at work.

I would like to see an enhancement to the Reminders feature that would allow for a snooze option and / or automatically launches the note or bolds the text on the home screen for the note with the reminder. The reminders are too easy to clear from my iPhone - they usually pop-up on my Lock screen and only flashes briefly on my PC then fades. If I'm not sitting at my PC at the time, then I miss it entirely.

Please let me know if there is a more appropriate place to post this kind of Topic or request or maybe there are some current settings in Evernote that I am not aware of yet or don't have set up properly.

Thank you!

• Level 5*

Hi.  This is pretty much the place for tech requests,  features requests,  ranting and random "how do I" queries - feel free to be as random as you like - just please PLEASE tell us what version of Evernote you're using (in terms of iOS / Android / Mac / Windows) if/ when things go wrong...

I'm fairly new to Evernote and love it so far. I was looking for a single app where I could make lists, notes and reminders. I love the fact that I can integrate the content between my iPhone, Mac at home and my Windows PC at work.

I would like to see an enhancement to the Reminders feature that would allow for a snooze option and / or automatically launches the note or bolds the text on the home screen for the note with the reminder. The reminders are too easy to clear from my iPhone - they usually pop-up on my Lock screen and only flashes briefly on my PC then fades. If I'm not sitting at my PC at the time, then I miss it entirely.

Please let me know if there is a more appropriate place to post this kind of Topic or request or maybe there are some current settings in Evernote that I am not aware of yet or don't have set up properly.

Thank you!

I agree that one can often overlook or miss Evernote reminders on the various clients...

A couple of (extra) ways to not miss your reminders:

• Make sure you activate badge notifications on your iPhone.
  • Set up email notifications... you get an email summary on the day any reminders are due. 
  • I'm stumped on the desktop client  :mellow:
    • There should be a more permanent reminder detail until you have taken some sort of action
      • Perhaps double up the "Shared Activity" icon (satellite dish) and use it for notifications in general, including reminders, and have it glow as it does when there is some shared activity. This is far more pertinent. 

If one uses the Reminder list as their main to-do tool, one can sort reminders by date... BUT, if one only relies on the Reminders feature sporadically, one does not automatically think to check the Reminders list daily and see what items may or may not be due today.

I think the issue that this thread raises (whether or not it has been brought up before) deserves a lot more noise here in the forums. It's quite a biggie.

• Level 5*

@mntechgirl,

Until such an enhancement exists, should it ever, a workaround is to use something like FollowUpThen to send yourself an email reminder on a recurring basis, even multiple times a day (morning noon and night) if you like.  Then create yourself saved searches in EN for today, late, or whatever.  Put them in the shortcuts bar and they should be available on all your platforms.

You could also look at a standalone app for your reminders.  I have opted for the above because I like to have all of my stuff in one place, that being EN.  Doesn't work for everyone for sure.  FWIW to you.

• 1 year later...

I am using Evernote (latest version) on my iPad Pro. One feature I love is the ability to use the Apple pen to attach drawings. 

Two enhancements I wold like to see:

1) When I draw a shape and then lasso it with the knife tool, I would like to be able to rotate and zoom that shape using gestures. I also know that I can cut to erase but that changes the paste buffer. A fling gesture to throw the lassoed object off the screen to erase would be nice also. Double-tap to dup anyone?

2) Circles and Rectangles are easy to draw. Triangles are a bit tricky. It would be great to be able to tweet the sensitivity at which potential triangle is recognized. It took me serval hours to be able to rapidly get a triangle drawn without having to repeat the process several times. 

I am planning to use Evernote as a part of an online course I building.

• 2 months later...

Archived