Word, Character, and Space Count for Mobile Devices

I hate to beat a dead horse but I still don't understand why this feature isn't available on the mobile applications. Including the word count in the "note info" section would improve things greatly for me since so much of my writing requires me to meet a certain word count.

EDIT: Gah, typo in thread title. Supposed to read "it is" not "is it". =\

• Level 5*

Hi - I don't mean to provoke a tirade here,  but there must be other apps that will allow you to write and provide a word count.  If the save file format is compatible with a desktop you could just attach the file to a note;  if not you could cut/ paste the content into a note...

I hate to beat a dead horse but I still don't understand why this feature isn't available on the mobile applications. Including the word count in the "note info" section would improve things greatly for me since so much of my writing requires me to meet a certain word count.

EDIT: Gah, typo in thread title. Supposed to read "it is" not "is it". =\

As users, we don't have access to what EN's to do list & priority list looks like.

At the risk of beating my own dead horse, if you want a great text editor that works very well with Evernote, use Drafts. Arrows on the keyboard, character count, word count and all sorts of other features I could care less about but people seem to love. Two taps and your text is in Evernote. If you want to get fancier, you can even have the text go to specific notes. It is one of my most used iOS apps.

• 4 months later...

I am stepping up to beat this dead horse. I'm not sure if we should be using a whip, a bludgeon, or a chainsaw. At this point I am thinking the chainsaw.

To simplify work flow, and make Evernote ever the more functional for those of us that use the app on mobile devices that are not laptops or desktop computers, please implement a word count feature for the mobile versions (for me iOS).

Commencing horse beating:

W O R D C O U N T F E A T U R E F O R M O B I L E ( E S P E C I A L L Y i O S ) E V E R N O T E ! ! !

Hi - I don't mean to provoke a tirade here,  but there must be other apps that will allow you to write and provide a word count.  If the save file format is compatible with a desktop you could just attach the file to a note;  if not you could cut/ paste the content into a note...

You are not provoking a tirade, but a response. It's east to find a work around, but that doesn't make it any more desirable or acceptable to not have the word count feature in the iOS version. There are a few word count apps that I would love to recommend, Text Analyzer being one. In general the free ones have advertisements, the pay apps seem too expensive for a single one trick pony. Word-processing apps have them, and may cost money. In any case, to streamline work flow and as a best practice, it would be nice not to have to switch between apps and work with copied text. Every time one moves between apps with a copy and past function there is the possibility of data being lost due to human error, or as infrequent as it is these days, application error.

Secondarily, it would be nice to have uniformity in function along apps across platforms and implementation.

Lastly, It is something that some people have asked for. That does not justify adding it, but Evernote is often referred to as a "multitool" or a "Swiss army knife" for thoughts and information. I see it like adding a ruler to an already existing flat edge.

• Level 5*

Well - I've said it before,  and I might just add this to my sig or something..  Evernote Devs do read these posts,  so your request has been made - you can reinforce it by using the feedback section on the support page (see below).  But as has already been said,  Evernote don't share what they will or won't do,  so all we can do is wait and see what comes out of the next update...

• Level 5*

Well - I've said it before,  and I might just add this to my sig or something..  Evernote Devs do read these posts,  so your request has been made - you can reinforce it by using the feedback section on the support page (see below).  But as has already been said,  Evernote don't share what they will or won't do,  so all we can do is wait and see what comes out of the next update...

I was thinking that a mini-FAQ would be useful; maybe you could fit it into your sig...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,I am using Evernote to compile research and write for a small newspaper and its great for what I need. However,when composing the article I need to keep the articles under 400 words .Does Evernote have a way of doing this that I'm missing,or a Word count app that works seamlessly with Evernote . I use both Android and IOS 8 devices.

Thanks

Niatross

Hi,I am using Evernote to compile research and write for a small newspaper and its great for what I need. However,when composing the article I need to keep the articles under 400 words .Does Evernote have a way of doing this that I'm missing,or a Word count app that works seamlessly with Evernote . I use both Android and IOS 8 devices.

Thanks

Niatross

Word count is currently not a feature on mobile devices. You can access it on a Mac or Win machines: https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23180311.

There are third party applications that you can use for word count, some of which directly export content into Evernote after it has been completed. Search your App Store for some neat ones.

Although not ideal in your situation, it's a good route to take as this feature isn't available at the moment. 

Archived