Mail to Evernote: Gmail works, command line doesn't. User error?

If I sent an email to my evernote from Gmail, it works great.  Picks up the notebook and tags in the subject line, etc.

However, if I do something like this at the command line in linux, it never shows up:

echo 'here is some test note content' | mailx -s 'this is a test note @somenotebook #some-tag' my.evernote.id@evernote.com

The same email if sent to any of the non-Evernote emails I have works fine.  But they never show up in Evernote.  

I'm completely perplexed. Is there some anti-spam on the EN servers that is filtering things?  It's not just delayed - I've waited yours.  Meanwhile, sent-from-Gmail shows up immediately.  Yes, the notebook and tag referred to both exist.

I'm hoping to have some daily reports generated on this home server mailed to EN for storage, but they never arrive.

Am I missing something?

• Level 5*

I believe there is anti-spam filtering.  Have you checked the headers of your emails?  Do they show the same source mail server?  Evernote might be suspicious of anything that looks like it came from a robot rather than a person...  you'd have to raise a support request I think to find any more..  maybe worth going Premium for a month if necessary...

• 1 year later...

I had this exact problem today.  You have to look closely at your SPF values on the servers that "accepted the mail".  Some are more lenient.

Evernote in particular expects the SPF to PASS.  
Google will permit SPF as NEUTRAL.

Google email header with my bad settings :

Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
       spf=neutral ( ... details ... ) smtp.mailfrom=root@myhostname.mydomain

Google email header with my good settings :

Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
       spf=pass ( ... details ... ) smtp.mailfrom=root@mydomain

In my case, I had to have "myorigin = $mydomain" in my linux /etc/postfix/main.cf configuration file.  
I probably could also have put my specific host name in the SPF dns record.

Archived