Business Card scanning no longer works on my G3

Hi all,

I started using the business card scanning feature earlier this year and love it. Today I went and tried to scan 3 business cards and now the app fails every time. Basically the business card looks very clear in the "view finder" and then I take the picture, wait a few seconds, and then the picture EN uses is all blurring and out of focus to the point of not being able to read anything. I can take pictures of the card with my normal camera and everything is perfectly clear. EN app seems to be refocusing right after pressing the shutter button and the picture is taken during this re-focus. But it used to work fine.

Any ideas of what's happening or what to do to fix it?

I'm running Android 5.0 on an LG G3. 

Thanks for the help!

I can report that this is also the case with regular "scanning" (used to be page camera) with the latest release. I have a Samsung Note 8 which no longer page scans except blurs. My Samsung S4 is slightly better the text is rending really light and still somewhat blurred. 

I don't have time this week to submit a bug report and logs but hope to next week. 

Hi - Have you tried checking the camera settings and toggling between multi-shot and device cameras?  And uninstalling / reinstalling the app?

I've toggled to the camera selection, which clears up the focus part but does not turn the photo into a document: all the background is included (yes very contrasty). I have not uninstalled, don't have time for that this week. Also I assume because there are a couple posts like this that this is a bug and uninstall might not get me anywhere anyway. Maybe that's a bad assumption.

• Level 5*

Don't know - AFAI(do)K,  business card scanning is still working fine,  but I'm now on the latest Beta with Android which might have fixed something in the last version.  We do seem to need a standby option - if 'normal' scanning doesn't work,  and there's an option (forinstance) to scan with a desktop,  how do we get those additional desktop scans into the LinkedIn and Contacts stage?

I actually had to reset my phone, so evernote was re-installed. The same problem occurs. 

Right before I take the picture the picture is very clear on screen. Then once I tap the shutter the image quickly blurs from refocusing than takes a few seconds and then shows in the next screen. The picture shown is very blurry and "inhanced" to the point where you can barely see any text at all. 

The attached pictures show an example, this is the best I've got so far. most of the time it comes out much worse. 

Before it worked perfectly. 

post-251997-0-26628900-1426876064_thumb.

post-251997-0-99471000-1426876075_thumb.

Archived