(Archived) Evernote & Firefox - no elephant button

cricketbird

Idea

10 replies to this idea

That's strange ... I'm using Firefox now on the Mac, and the button is in my toolbar. You could try uninstalling our add-on, reboot your Mac, and then reinstall from:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/8381

If that still doesn't work, you may want to try disabling other add-ons to see if one of them is conflicting with us by wiping out the toolbar.

Fixed it.

First, I disabled every extension but Evernote, but still no elephant.

So, I dug into the about:config and toggled the evernote.webclipper3.1.button.initialized from true (which seemed more logical) to false, and now it works!

Not sure how or why that got switched, as I'm sure I've never messed with it, nor why "false" should be the choice that makes it work, but it does.

Thanks,

CB

I have the same problem; no Evernote button in my firefox. I tried the remove-all-the-other-plugins solution and reboot and remove evernote plugin and reinstall but no luck. Still I get "Add to Evernote" when I ctrl-click so its not the end of the world exactly, but I expect things to work like they should. Its a bug of some kind, and I am not that the kind of user who is comfortable to open Terminal and start to fool around with codes and programing. I leave that to the developers and PC-users. Please fix the bug.

jonaka, could you try going to View -> Toolbars -> Customize in the Firefox menus. This should drop down a sheet with various toolbar buttons that you can drag into and out of the toolbar.

Could you see if the Elephant is available to drag on to the toolbar?

post-8182-131906065178_thumb.jpg

post-8182-13190606518_thumb.jpg

Fixed it.

So, I dug into the about:config and toggled the evernote.webclipper3.1.button.initialized from true (which seemed more logical) to false, and now it works!

Not sure how or why that got switched, as I'm sure I've never messed with it, nor why "false" should be the choice that makes it work, but it does.

That preference lets the clipper know if it has already forcibly inserted the Elephant into the toolbar configuration. Once that preference is set to true, it won't muck with the toolbar again. This let's people remove the Elephant from the toolbar if they don't like it, but still have the right click menu available.

My guess is that the Elephant somehow got removed from the toolbar configuration. If it happens again, try View -> Toolbars -> Customize and see if you can drag the Elephant back.

I have exactly the same configuration and problem but none of the solutions have worked for me. Also I do not have the Evernote button option when I try View - Toolbars - Customize. Nor do I have the Evernote option in the R click dropdown menu. I'm baffled. The button was present and working flawlessly until tonight. I don't believe I had updated anything.

Please help! I am a Premium customer and rely so much on the webclipper to save time. I'm having to cut and paste now. Very unsatisfactory.

Thanks.

If you can't make our add-on install in Firefox, then you could use our Javascript "bookmarklet" web clipper. Drag the link from this page onto your address bar:

http://www.evernote.com/about/download/web_clipper.php

That will clip directly to your account on the web service, and then you can synchronize the result back down to your Mac client.

I also had the same problem of the missing elephant button, which, I should add, had been there, & working previously.

I used the solution you suggested for jonaka, & it worked for me, running Firefox 3.6.8 with Windows 7.

Thanks

Archived