Clipper chrome Mac - stopped working when I switched to local notebooks

geezer117

• Level 5*

Kind of a "fail" scenario, I think. I'm pretty sure that the web clipper clips only to the Evernote servers. You have local notebooks. The Evernote servers don't talk to your local notebooks. You should maintain a synced notebook to clip to, then transfer the clipped pages to the local notebook of your choice. Either that or copy/paste from the web page into a note in your local notebooks.

I'm sure that jbignert will correct me I'm wrong on this -- the web clippers are different on different machines / browsers, and I don't know all of the ins-and-outs of all of them. He does...

Jefito is correct. The Web Clipper on Chrome can only clip notes to synced notebooks. You said you kept one synced notebook which should be enough. If you're having troubles after you made your changes I recommend uninstalling the clipper and then reinstalling it with restarts inbetween.

Let me know if the issue persists after that. 

Jefito is correct. The Web Clipper on Chrome can only clip notes to synced notebooks. You said you kept one synced notebook which should be enough. If you're having troubles after you made your changes I recommend uninstalling the clipper and then reinstalling it with restarts inbetween.

Let me know if the issue persists after that. 

I have since learned by trial and error that deleting the synched notebooks on my Mac still leaves them on Evernote Web. I had to delete them there too. Using Clipper isn't going to work for me. I'll save webpages to my Mac in some form, and then post them to Evernote. And I'm beginning to question the value of that at all. 

What I need is a Clipper-like program that posts to a research manager on my Mac. 

If using Firefox or IE is an option for you the Web Clipper on those 2 browsers can clip pages from your browser directly to your local notebooks. 

On IE it is the default mode. 

On Firefox its a setting that you can access on the Web Clipper options / preferences page. 

Archived