Can I attach a video to a note?

I was hoping to use Evernote to organize some short videos (10 to 30 seconds each) taken on my iPhone, but when I create a note and open the image browser, the videos do not appear in the list of images from my camera roll.  Does Evernote not support this function?  Or is there some other way I'm supposed to be attaching them to the notes?  I'm using iOS 8.2 on an iPhone 6.

Thanks in advance.

• Level 5*

Hi.  You're going to be limited by note size (25MB free / 100MB premium) and upload limit (60MB/ month free / 4GB premium) but any type of file can be attached to a note,  whether it's music,  video or whatever.  It may be an idea to go 'premium' for a while to set up your library,  then downgrade to free (you won't lose any files) for longer term viewing purposes.  You'll have to use your phone video function for recording - that's not built in to Evernote.

• Level 5*

I was hoping to use Evernote to organize some short videos (10 to 30 seconds each) taken on my iPhone, but when I create a note and open the image browser, the videos do not appear in the list of images from my camera roll.  Does Evernote not support this function?  Or is there some other way I'm supposed to be attaching them to the notes?  I'm using iOS 8.2 on an iPhone 6.

Thanks in advance.

Since you're on an iPhone and talking about very short videos, I don't think you'll have any issues with video size, or Note size.

Unfortunately, I don't see any way just using the iPhone to get the video into an EN Note.  EN iPhone does not provide a "video" attachment, and when I go to iPhone Photos > Videos, the Share button on the Video does NOT offer Evernote as a choice.

So, the only other approaches I can think of are:

1. EMail the video to your EN account from the iPhone.
  2. Transfer the video from the iPhone to your Mac/PC and attach to an EN Note there.

I have used #2 quite successfully.  I also use iPhone apps like Transfer, and Wi-Fi Transfer, to easily transfer the video to my Mac.

Good luck, and let us know what you work out.

Archived