tracking changes and seing team comments in a note

blanchifr

Idea

Hello,

We use Evernote Business for nearly a year now. We are a team of 5.

From our experience, the two key missing features are :

- the possibility to see who has changed what in a note i.e. a track changes option

- the possibility to leave comments on a specific part of a note identifying the author of the comment and may be integrating this with workchat

I would appreciate our views on this.

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hello,

We use Evernote Business for nearly a year now. We are a team of 5.

From our experience, the two key missing features are :

- the possibility to see who has changed what in a note i.e. a track changes option

- the possibility to leave comments on a specific part of a note identifying the author of the comment and may be integrating this with workchat

I would appreciate our views on this.

Until/IF Evernote provides this feature, you can do what we did with MS Word documents for years:

• At the top (or bottom) of the Note, put in a table for recording changes
  • This is manual of course, but better than nothing.
  • I would build this table in MS Word with whatever columns you want, then copy/paste into the EN Note
  • You could even take it one step further by copy/paste the table into a new Note, which would serve as a template for all new Notes where you want to track changes.
    • Put your "template" notes into a Notebook named "!Templates"  (I use the "!" to force this NB to appear at the top)
    • When you're want to create a new note, select the "template" note, and then right-click and choose "Copy to Notebook..."

Archived