Autohotkey text replacement script not working after upgrade from W7 to W8

mlu

Has anyone got an idea why Autohotkey text replacement strings is not working for me after an upgrade from W7 to W8? These ahk scripts are for example ::en::evernote, which would replace "en" with "evernote" when typing "en". I guess it might be due to Hot keys in Evernote, but cannot see how.

The ahk scripts works all other places in W8 just not when within Evernote.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Have you checked for any updates to AHK?  Uninstalled and reinstalled it?  I use PhraseExpress on two Win8 laptops which runs fine..  don't know why you'd have an issue,  though occasionally my PE hotkeys stop working until I reboot...

Hi Gazumped,

Autohotkey is a new install (latest version) as the machine is brand new. Also as mentioned Autohotkey works perfect all other places than within the Evernote App. Must be something in the Evernote app that blocks AHK as far as I can see.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  It may be something to take up with AHK support to see if they're aware of any conflicts..  have you checked the hot key settings in Tools > Options > Hot Keys to see if there are any obvious matches?

A bit weird - have tried to remove all hotkeys in Evernote without any effect. AHK-scripts work fine everywhere on my computer except in Evernote. Must be something in Evernote that blocks the AHK-scripts. Can anyone running 5.8.4.6870 (274870) in W8.1 confirm that they can run AHK-scripts? Thanks  :)

Archived