I cannot annotate images in evernote on windows 7

Hi I just became a premium member so as I could annotate images. It won't work. I press the annotate button and nothing happens. Tried clicking another note and then going back to the note that I want to annotate as was suggested in the forum and this doesn't work for me. Anybody know how to sort this our please. Thanks

• Evernote Expert

I tried this feature today, it is working, but a little slower than normal. Maybe, i guess that this release needs a little optimization on the Annotation functionality, Windows 7, but it is working. 

• 1 month later...

Hi I just became a premium member so as I could annotate images. It won't work. I press the annotate button and nothing happens. Tried clicking another note and then going back to the note that I want to annotate as was suggested in the forum and this doesn't work for me. Anybody know how to sort this our please. Thanks

Everyone has the ability to annotate images. Only Premium users have the ability to annotate PDFs. Both before and after the addition of the "Plus" plan. So my guess is that the inability to annotate images is a bug as opposed to a membership thing. That might require a fresh uninstall/ install. Over a month down the line and I'm sure the OP has already figured it out... alone. 

Annotation works in images only after a sync. A bit counter-intuitive (or rather a megabyte I'd say) but this is how it works.

Perhaps, a hangover from Skitch integration...

So, if you just added the image, hit the sync button and then the annotation symbol should appear on the image.

(So yep, you must be online and wait for the sync to complete.)

-- dd

Annotation works in images only after a sync. A bit counter-intuitive (or rather a megabyte I'd say) but this is how it works.

Perhaps, a hangover from Skitch integration...

So, if you just added the image, hit the sync button and then the annotation symbol should appear on the image.

(So yep, you must be online and wait for the sync to complete.)

-- dd

I learned something new. Good catch!

Archived