Feature Request - merge notes

njcrandall

Idea

I really need a way to merge notes in the new version of Evernote. If I had this and the ability to manually reorder reminders (I have another post about this) then I would be done with the old web version. 

At work, I use the web clipper in chrome along with gmail in the browser to port email chains into evernote and construct todo lists. As email chains develop, I need to port them in and merge them with the previous notes. 

Please add this feature soon.

Thanks.

17 replies to this idea

• Level 5

At least it is on their list:

Features coming in future releases:

• Copy notelink
  • Multiselect notes + core actions
  • Creation of nested tags
- Nancy

The first point on that list has just been released. So I hope the next ones will be released soon. The recent progress of the new Web client has been quite impressive in my view.

Everyone here should go to the first post and vote it up please!

I hated the new web version for a week – because I was switched over by Evernote without my permission – then I learned to love it. It only took days to like it ... then I discovered that the merge was not in the new version (and was in the older version). Now torn between the two. How could the new version not have this feature? What other functionality have we lost? Why is the issue treated like a feature request? Should it not be treated like a bug or design flaw? We once had it. Now we don't.

It is bad enough that the Windows desktop version is buggy (frequently slows down and usually doesn't sync well) It's annoying to use the merge feature there. But it also has a different look and feel from both the old and new web versions. That's not a good thing.

Just adding my vote in favor of adding the "Merge" as a fix (higher priority) rather than a feature request.

I still like the product – just frustrated at the continuity hiccup.

Since the new version of Evernote Web is out of beta, please make sure the "Merge notes" feature is available ASAP. I am a bit dissatisfied that this feature has been requested for almost a year, but it has not been addressed properly.

ya. why is this not a thing?

Since the new version of Evernote Web is out of beta, please make sure the "Merge notes" feature is available ASAP. I am a bit dissatisfied that this feature has been requested for almost a year, but it has not been addressed properly.

Thank you for the feedback. We are aware that this feature is not currently available and apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience as we continue to build features into the Beta. :) 

- Nancy 

I also agree that a merge feature in beta is needed.  I couldn't remember why I wasn't using the beta version, and so I changed.  Within 15 minutes I needed to merge notes, and was reminded why I returned to the original in the first place!  Please be sure to add this functionality!

I really need a way to merge notes in the new version of Evernote. If I had this and the ability to manually reorder reminders (I have another post about this) then I would be done with the old web version. 

At work, I use the web clipper in chrome along with gmail in the browser to port email chains into evernote and construct todo lists. As email chains develop, I need to port them in and merge them with the previous notes. 

Please add this feature soon.

Thanks.

We do not have a merge note functionality right now but thank you for bubbling up this feature request. We are working on manually reordering reminders right now and it should be available in a future release soon. 

Archived