Lock Note or Note Book Stack

Hi Brett here,

I'm sure its been asked before and I have done some searching on the forum . But I would appreciate some advice or hints.

I use Evernote for both day to day buisness and personal storage.

Started using it a little in 2012 and bit by bit  used it more and more. Now a Premium User.

Everything was OK till I started using it alot now I would like to restrict access to some notes. Encryption of text is not an answer for me as my notes are mainly PDF's ,Excel books and images .

My Bookeeper accesses my Evernote , I have 2 Offices and a Home Office.

Is my only option to go Buisness with 3 Users ? Bookeeper, One Office and Me at the other office and Home?

Having another account and switching seems cumbersome. Though I am aware that I do use Evernote rather inefficently but am getting the hang of it.

Regards

Brett

• Level 5*

Yes, it's been asked for. That feature doesn't exist for single notes, notebooks, or stacks, inside a single account.

If you have separate accounts, you can share notebooks on a view-only basis. You probably don't need a Business account. Just an account for you, and one for your bookkeeper. Put all of the notes you need your bookkeeper to see, but not edit) into a notebook, and share it with her as view-only. If you need her to generate Evernote notes for you, then you'd need a separate writable notebook for that; she'd be able to create notes in that, and you'd see them.

• Level 5*

Have you considered putting all the notes you want to share in specific Notebook(s) and granting access to only those notebooks?

EDIT:  Oops, Jeff posted as I was typing.

Yes, it's been asked for. That feature doesn't exist for single notes, notebooks, or stacks, inside a single account.

If you have separate accounts, you can share notebooks on a view-only basis. You probably don't need a Business account. Just an account for you, and one for your bookkeeper. Put all of the notes you need your bookkeeper to see, but not edit) into a notebook, and share it with her as view-only. If you need her to generate Evernote notes for you, then you'd need a separate writable notebook for that; she'd be able to create notes in that, and you'd see them.

Thanks for the fast response Jeff,

I'm not too concerned about the Bookeeper , rather my other Office.

Just recently one of the young girls rather malicously deleted the contents of a Note (Thank goodness for Note History , a reason to find $45 a year if ever there was one !) A rather minor incident and it wasn't an important note  but did snap me out of my complacency and made me realise I was acting in a bit naive manner .

I was looking at avoiding having two accounts but it seeems I should at least try that before going Buisness as it may not be as cumbersome as it sounds.

Cheers

Brett

Archived