B2B Technical Folders

I am interested in setting up a system whereby I can store and share technical reports and information with my customers. Our company sells adhesive products and in our business we often get involved in many customer mechanical and process activities. In some cases this activity needs to be reviewed by an individual at the customer corporate headquarters. I would like to see a system that allows me to set up folders for numerous manufacturing plants for a single company that I can deposit reports into. This way we can provide our customer a single link to a folder that has notebooks for each of their manufacturing locations. Plus I would like to have several sub-notebooks in each folder to organize items such as formulations, heat audits, action lists etc, to keep them separate and organized.  The end product would give our company and/or our customer a secure way to store technical information and we would both be able to review this information as needed. 

• Level 5*

Hi.  Evernote doesn't 'do' hierarchical folder structures,  so separation by customer,  product or process isn't going to happen.  Plus a system which offers multiple customers a way to store individual technical information would likely be quite expensive.  An experienced Evernote user could probably set up a process whereby customers could use their own accounts to create a knowledge base for their own staff,  and feedback through a system of customer pages to a central 'manufacturer' process to raise technical issues and deal with tech queries.  But that would involve extensive training for your staff and your customers and considerable time for the consultant involved. 

If you'd like to take that thought further,  find a nearby business consultant - https://evernote.com/business/certified-consultants/

• Level 5*

I am interested in setting up a system whereby I can store and share technical reports and information with my customers. Our company sells adhesive products and in our business we often get involved in many customer mechanical and process activities. In some cases this activity needs to be reviewed by an individual at the customer corporate headquarters. I would like to see a system that allows me to set up folders for numerous manufacturing plants for a single company that I can deposit reports into. This way we can provide our customer a single link to a folder that has notebooks for each of their manufacturing locations. Plus I would like to have several sub-notebooks in each folder to organize items such as formulations, heat audits, action lists etc, to keep them separate and organized.  The end product would give our company and/or our customer a secure way to store technical information and we would both be able to review this information as needed. 

Evernote is probably not the best solution for your needs.

If all or most of you info is in documents (like PDFs), then you could use DropBox.

You could setup a top-level folder and share with a customer, and then put all customer related docs inside of that folder (or its subfolders)

Or, and this might work better, you could organize Dropbox by your products, and then share specific sub-folders / files with the customers that use the product.

I'm sure there are other online systems that might work as well, or even better.  You might do a google on "share documents with customer".

Good luck, and let us know what you decide to do.

• Level 5*

Coincidentally, I just received an notice from Dropbox about their new Business Account features.

If you are interested, you can review here:  https://www.dropbox.com/business

I do NOT have a DropBox Business Account, so I can't really comment on it.

But I have had a Premium account for years now, and I am very satisfied with it.  I have NEVER had a sync problem with DropBox.

Archived