Can anyone tell me how to get the files that where exported from my HTC notes to evernote? I had a service update and after I auctioned it the HTC notes was no longer available and it stated my files where sent to evernote and to retrieve them I had to set up this app ..which I did but the notes aren't here? Is there something else I need to do to see them?

• Level 5*

If you didn't have an Evernote account set up before the HTC Notes update, then you're probably going to need to contact HTC to figure out where your notes went. HTC can't open an Evernote account on your behalf. I've seen this issue reported here in the Evernote forums; seems like a pretty dumb update policy.

• Level 5*

They said to contact ever note as that's where they went n if I can't see them then they are lost as the HTC notes is gone ..not much help really

In order for HTC to export your notes to an Evernote account, that account would need to have existed at the time that the export happened. If you didn't have such an account, then HTC's update program would have needed to make one for you. If they made one for you, then they should have told you about it; otherwise, how would you be able to access your notes? I can flag this for someone at Evernote to look into, but it sounds to me as though HTC totally screwed up this update.

Oh thank you soo much ..Yes that would be fab if you could ..HTC said they would of told me to save my files first before the update but they didn't as it happened during the night and when I checked my phone the next morning it said I had received updates ..didn't mention notes app until I tried going into it and it said it no longer exsisted and files had been transfered to evernotes and to download the app to read them

• 3 months later...

how about I don't want to sign up for your stupid cloud service. I don't want to download your friggin app. 

I just want my notes that were LOCALLY STORED on MY DEVICE. I don't want your damn toaster. 

how can i get the notes off my HTC one without having to share EVERYTHING with your stupid app? 

why do you need access to: 

contacts

calendar

photos/gallery

microphone

emails

EVERY DOG DAMNED THING about a person? 

you people are whats wrong with the internet. Go away with your intrusive, pervasive, sh1tty application. 

how about I don't want to sign up for your stupid cloud service. I don't want to download your friggin app. 

I just want my notes that were LOCALLY STORED on MY DEVICE. I don't want your damn toaster. 

how can i get the notes off my HTC one without having to share EVERYTHING with your stupid app? 

why do you need access to: 

contacts

calendar

photos/gallery

microphone

emails

EVERY DOG DAMNED THING about a person? 

you people are whats wrong with the internet. Go away with your intrusive, pervasive, sh1tty application. 

According to this site, you don't need to log in to Evernote and can create all of your notes in a local notebook on the HTC One.  That way you are not sending your information to Evernote.

Alternatively, deactivate Evernote and install Simple Notepad or similar.

Archived