How can I check the status of a bug fix?

Sapabt

Hi everyone,

I opened a support request #873804 back in January. After several emails with support, my issue was identified as a bug and turned over to the devs. Since then, there's been an update, but the bug isn't fixed.

I feel the bug is kinda critical, the windows app doesn't remember my snippet sort settings between reboots. I figure if the app can't remember something simple like a sort setting, how can I be sure it saves my data accurately? It used to work, but was broken in a previous update.

How can I check to see where this but is on the “to-do” list, or if it's even being worked on? I've see references on this forum, from google searches that it's existed since about 2011.

I really like the app, it makes my life much easier, but leaving simple to fix bugs like this unfixed doesn't give me a warm fuzzy about the app.

I'm premium for a while longer, but I have cancelled my auto-renewal due to this.

Cheers,

bt

• Level 5*

If this is the Windows client, it's sort of a long-standing gotcha. The workaround (that usually works), is to set your sort setting the way that you like it, and then exit Evernote via FIle / Exit. When you restart, it should have remembered it (it's a registry setting), You may be set from there on out; I don't have this problem: I can set the sort setting, and it stays sticky. As this is a local configuration setting, it's not really related to anything to do with syncing, but I understand what you're saying there.

With respect to  your actual question, there is no public source for what Evernote is working on. Occasionally an employee will chime in with a "yep, we're actively working on that", but that's rare, and they generally don't give out ETAs.

Heh, yea, Windows 7. The thing that gets me is it works fine on win8.1 and the web clients.

I tried several work arounds with the support fella, one of them worked, but not anymore. I got adventurous and changed them and tried to change them back. Now I'm stuck on a reverse alpha sort by date. I really want a straight alpha sort by title. Makes it easier to find things.

Oh well, as I said on the cancellation form, this gets fixed, I'll return to premium. Not gonna pay for something it'd take a dev less than an hour to fix. (I coded for a living back in the '70s. Sheesh, I'm old) :)

Cheers,

bt

Archived