How can I go back to the previous Evernote web app?

Chad Romerrio

Idea

Today, I was offered the chance to try the new Evernote web app beta, so I tried it and quickly discovered that I really don't like it at all. Is there a way to go back to the previous version?

I used to use Evernote, but started using OneNote about 3 years ago. Recently, I started working from Linux desktop and found that OneNote web interface is really slow and cumbersome. I tried Evernote again, and immediately loved the existing web interface.

If I'm forced to use the new interface shown in the beta, I will absolutely find another solution for my note-taking.

Please advise.

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

There would be armed revolt at this point. The web beta is interesting, but at the current juncture, it's missing too many important features.

Evernote famously does not give out timetables for future development, and there's been no announcement that I've seen that indicates a cut-off date. You can bet that they don't want to be supporting two divergent code bases for too long (though at a guess, the older web client is more in maintenance than in active development). Not any time soon is what I'd guess.

We just added the ability to go back to the older version of the web client through the account menu. If you click on your avatar on the bottom left of the Beta, you will see a menu with the option "Leave Beta" at the bottom.

Archived