Evernote not default for pdf's

MeganT

How do I stop Adobe Reader from opening downloaded pdf's? I want to download in Evernote as I did when using a Mac. Now I am using Windows 8 and Adobe Reader is the default. I need to keep Adobe as I sometimes need to sign documents and email them.

• Level 5*

Are you storing your PDFs in EN notes?  The same import folder functionality works in Win as it does in Mac.  Or you can just drag a PDF into a note or notebook.  Then you can view the PDF within the note or use whatever reader to view it.

What do you mean by EN notes? I'll try the drag and drop method and see if that works. Thanks

Drag and drop worked well, though I'd rather just be able to download a pdf straight into Evernote.

• Level 5*

EN notes means the notes within Evernote.  If you drag a PDF onto a notebook in Evernote a note will be created that contains the PDF.  

You can view the PDF using the Evernote tools or you can open the PDF in the note using Adobe.

• Level 5*

If you set up an  Import Folder in Evernote for Windows (Tools / Import Folders), then most anything that you put in that folder gets uploaded into Evernote. Download your PDFs to that folder, and they will will go straight into Evernote.

Archived