i know there is no solution but....

drb07

Hello all,

Hope somebody clarify this for me.

I prefer to use desktop version only and not interested in sync (or online storage). Unfortunately, realized that EN webclipper cannot send notes directly to desktop client. (Am I right?).

If that is the case, then I have to clip it, then open it in EN desktop client so that it gets into it. Is this the only way? Very tedious and not efficient.

It is also eating up the precious 60 MB upload allowance / month. I don't wish to upgrade because the online sync is not of use to me. Am I being cornered to get premium version by browser developers?

Can somebody help me out please?

drb

PS: On a related note, webnote clipper for FF and Chrome are so different and behaves different too.

Chrome, Safari and Opera Web Clippers will only send notes to the cloud service for Evernote. 

Firefox - has an option for sending clips to either cloud service or directly to the desktop Evernote client. 

IE Clipper can only send clips directly to the Windows client.

Thanks for the reply.

I was able to figure out the option of sending it directly to client in FF.

As I said before, I love the extension in chrome but in FF. I am not sure why EN is reluctant to make it better for FF when user needed features are allowed easy. Am I missing in functionality between these two clippers (chrome & FF)?

Google seems to monopolize - they cut off writing to SD cards in android devices and things like that. As much as one understand the reason of security issue, there should be workaround to allow the feature and provide another layer of security. Rather than remove the feature which is like when an old man walks without support, gets hurt. Simply remove the legs - solves the problem. Not a great solution.

We have a new version of the Clipper for Firefox. One problem with Firefox is that it currently takes 4-5 months for them to review a new major version update. Version 6 for Firefox will bring it up to almost feature parity with Chrome version. You can get the new version for Firefox even if it is not formally approved yet: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/evernote-web-clipper/versions/

We have a new version of the Clipper for Firefox. One problem with Firefox is that it currently takes 4-5 months for them to review a new major version update. Version 6 for Firefox will bring it up to almost feature parity with Chrome version. You can get the new version for Firefox even if it is not formally approved yet: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/evernote-web-clipper/versions/

My heartfelt thanks. The newer version is almost the same as chrome clipper. In chrome, there is 'Organize>notebook choice and add tag' options are present. In FF clipper it is absent. Other than that, both looks the same and also functionally.

Archived