Notes list is missing from left side

Zortleby

As of when I opened Evernote on my Win7 laptop some time recently, from left to right I see the notebooks list, then the currently selected note, but the notes list is missing from the left side. It used to sit between the notebooks list and the current note, showing the notes in the currently selected context, or search results, very useful. Like many newish laptops, my screen is quite wide vs how tall it is, I'd really prefer the note list on the left.

Everything is checked in View > Left Panel, including Notes. The only effect of that menu item that I see is to show and hide the Notes icon on the left side. Is that what it's supposed to do?

When I press F11 or check View > Notes, a notes list appears, but it's above the note, not on the left side where it used to be. Not sure if this is the same list I'm looking for in a new location or not.

I can't find a preference setting for this.

Is this How It Is Now? Hope not.

This is version 5.8.3.6507 (274507) Public.

Nevermind, figured it out. Switching the Notes view mode (or whatever it's called) dropdown in the notes list header to Snippet or Card (anything but List) also moves it to the left side, between notebooks and the current note, like I'm used to. Not sure if this is new or not, and I have no idea how it got switched to List in the first place.

Totally not intuitive, but sorted.

• Level 5
If you accidentally press any of these key combinations, you will change the view.

Ctrl + F5 = List View

Ctrl + F6 = Snippet View

Ctrl + F7 = Card View

Also

F11 will toggle the note list on and off

Ctr + F11 will toggle the note panel on and off

These shortcuts are very useful for keyboard typists.

• Level 5*

Not sure if this is new or not, and I have no idea how it got switched to List in the first place.

Totally not intuitive, but sorted.

This is totally not new. Not sure how to gauge intuitiveness, but the middle panel note list does tend to take advantage of situations where you have a wide screen and wish to devote more vertical space to note display.

One key combination that jbenson left out: Ctrl+Shift+F5 will put the List View into the middle column to the left of the note display, rather than up above the note display.

Archived