Shortcut to switch between Business and Personal

Adam R

Hi, does anyone know if there's a shortcut to toggle between Business and Personal on Mac?

For instance, if you're in Personal looking at All Notes, is there a way to go directly to the same view in Business Notes without using the mouse?

Or failing that, is there a menu bar command for it that I could assign a shortcut to in Preferences?

Running 6.0.6 on Yosemite 

Many thanks.

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you have a personal account that's part of the business account - every business user has their own personal account - then your business and personal accounts are part of the 'same' profile - your business and personal accounts are listed together.  If your accounts are separate,  then your business account was presumably created after the personal account,  and not integrated into it.  If you do have a business account you'll be able to raise a support ticket without issues and start a 'chat' session (7AM-7PM PST) to sort out any problems.

Thanks for getting back. My Personal account is indeed part of my Business account as you say.

What I want to do is toggle between the Personal Notes and Business Notes displays. This is possible by clicking on Personal Notes or Business Notes in the sidebar, but i wondered if there was a shortcut, or a route to it via the menu bar to which I could assign a shortcut in Mac's Preferences.

Similarly, when looking at the Tags page, I have the choice of clicking on Business Tags, My Tags or All Tags, but a keyboard shortcut would be great.

I'm talking about the Desktop version by the way.

• Level 5*

No problem - I'm still not quite sure what you're looking for..  the sidebar and the notebooks / tags lists are about as direct a link as I can imagine between personal and business notes - apart from the possibility (which I haven't tried) of saving shortcuts to the sidebar to both sorts of note.  AFAIK there's no other possibility to jump between the two states,  but it might make a useful feature request for the future...

(Evernote staffers do read these posts for ideas..)

No problem - I'm still not quite sure what you're looking for.. 

i just mean a keyboard shortcut to do the same thing as clicking with the mouse. (Or a way of assigning such a shortcut in the Mac shortcuts preference pane.)

That will get me to a specific notebook. But what I'm looking for is a way to toggle between 'Business Notes' and 'Personal Notes'.

These modes display all the notes in the Business or Personal section. In that sense they act as higher-level notebooks, but although they appear in the notebook drop-down list as titles organising the lower-level notebooks, unfortunately you cannot open them from there.

Not to worry. I've probably spent more time writing these posts than I will ever save if I manage to find a shortcut! 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a bit late to the party, but if your using Windows, you could just open up two seperate instances of Evernote the flick between the tabs. Have the one tab set to show your business notebooks and the other to show your personal ones.

That will get me to a specific notebook. But what I'm looking for is a way to toggle between 'Business Notes' and 'Personal Notes'.

These modes display all the notes in the Business or Personal section. In that sense they act as higher-level notebooks, but although they appear in the notebook drop-down list as titles organising the lower-level notebooks, unfortunately you cannot open them from there.

Not to worry. I've probably spent more time writing these posts than I will ever save if I manage to find a shortcut!

Ha, can't believe I didn't think of that! I'm on a Mac, but it still works perfectly. Thanks!

It still doesn't solve the problem of viewing Notebooks and Tags... they seem to default to the last mode used - 'Business' or 'My notebooks/tags' - irrespective of whether you're looking at the Business Notes or Personal Notes section when you press the shortcut to the Notebooks or Tags section.

But still, it's not that common that I need to look at those. You've solved the main issue.

Archived