Sharing notes without them being "public"

Has something recently changed?  I used to be able to share notes with others simply by copying the link, but it didn't make the note public.  Now, for some reason, I can't get a link to copy and be "shareable" without asking someone to "sign in" to EverNote or it says "Note not found"...  I need to be able to share with fellow co-workers (over 11,000 people) but notes contain confidential material and I do not want public links.

Thanks in advance for you help!!

Jessica

• Level 5*

Hi.  Sharing changed a little while ago.  The way to share notebooks is now via Work Chat,  though the actual process is pretty much the same as it's ever been - your prospective sharee receives an email inviting them to join a 'chat',  though the main element of the email is a link to the shared notebook.  If you can tell us what version of Evernote you have - iOS / Mac / Windows / Android - and what device - phone / tablet / desktop / Touch - we can maybe offer some more specific advice.

• Level 5*

That is impossible! I have over 11,000 people I need to share with and I am not going to send 11,000+ emails!

Jessica, I don't think Evernote is currently up to that scale of sharing.

If you need confidential, private sharing with 11K+ people, then you probably need to look elsewhere.

That scale is normally considered "enterprise".

Just curious, if you want secure, private sharing with 11K+ people, how would you communicate with them if you don't use email?

Each person would need a UserName/PW to log in to the private sharing service.

• Level 5*

You may want to consult with a security expert.  Facebook is, as I'm sure you know, a social media tool.  It doesn't have the security or tools to be an effective business enterprise tool.  Maybe you've been very lucky so far, but I would not want to risk my business, not any of my clients business, on Facebook.

Good luck.

I appreciate your concern. It's not a business. I am a consultant for a direct sales company and I share documents that are for consultants only. The group is for consultants only and is not searchable due to the "secret" privacy setting. I share EverNote links in the group of documents that are for consultants to use for their businesses. If the links were public, then the material could be searchable by anybody and it could effect consultant's businesses.

Previously, EverNote allowed the user to copy the link to the note and it would only be available to someone who had the link. I'm not understanding why this option changed.

Archived