Auto-fill note title with first line of note text

Radiophile

Idea

When I create a new note I want the option, in the Mac client, to (1) put my typing cursor in the note body and (2) auto-fill the note title with the first line of note body text.

I'm not asking for this to be default behavior; I just want it to be a Preferences option. You (EN devs) already know how to do this - the Windows client (maybe others too) already does it. And you (EN devs) even do it already for Mac, in notes created with the EN Helper menu icon. (But that's not a good enough workaround.)

And I know there have been many other requests for this functionality - I searched the forum. But as far as I can tell there hasn't been a request yet this year. So here's 2015's request. Why not just go ahead and implement it in 6.0.7?

• Like 6

13 replies to this idea

2016 vote for this feature also, please. 

I've had my mac for a year and am both mystified and pretty sad about how software developers don't carry over basic functionality that Windows versions have...

• Level 5*

I up voted it, as something nice to have
However its not a big concern to me and I understand the development team may have other priorities.

I understand that they are working to standardize the editors across the various platforms.

As a software developer myself I realize I shouldn't say things like this, but... this can't be THAT hard to implement, especially considering it's already done on all the other platforms. It's little details like this (consistency of features across platforms) that take the user experience from good to great

• Level 5*
On 2/10/2017 at 5:56 AM, dave.novelli said:

As a software developer myself I realize I shouldn't say things like this, but... this can't be THAT hard to implement, especially considering it's already done on all the other platforms. 

There are be other factors in determining work priority than "hard to implement".

Users can add their support to this request using the voting buttons in the upper left corner of the discussion.  The count is currently 5