How do I share tags in a shared notebook?

I want to share a notebook in "view only" mode. I have been able to do that, but the tags in the original notebook are not transferring to the notebook on my user's PC. I do not want the recipients of my shared notebook to edit the notes or edit the tags, but I do want them to be able to use the tags for locating content.

What am I missing?

Orson

• Level 5*

Don't know what improvements Evernote have made recenty (and it depends whether you're using iOS / Mac / Windows / Android) but tag sharing was a pretty hit and miss affair.  In some OS's and on some devices,  tags aren't much help in finding content,  and may not be available at all,  at least not in any structured format.   Plus where tag sharing works,  your user gets (or used to) all of your tags,  not just the ones connected to the notebook you shared.

In all,  where I'm sharing content,  I far prefer to use a TOC page - a Table of Contents of all the notes in my notebook.  On any desktop,  select all your notes and a menu pops up asking whether you want to create a TOC.  Say 'yes' and the note is created with links to all the other notes in that notebook.  Add a litlle indenting,  bold and some extra text,  and your user has a perfect 'home page' from which to browse.  If this is a business share,  you might want to copy and paste a 'back to index' link back to the TOC in all your notes or add a suggestion about using the 'back' button to get back there...

• Level 5*

I use shared notebooks across two accounts (some view-only, some editable), and that includes the tags that go along with them I don't see any problems with those tags -- they appear to be synced properly, and that's how it should be. If you are not getting tags synced from your shared notebooks, you should open a support request.

Archived