Why my attached file opened in Read Only?

Fellipe Henrique

Idea

Hi,

In lastest version, I used Evernote to make my Class Room Plan updated... I create a Excel file, and put into a Evernote Note... When I double click in attachment, open Excel and I make my modifications and save.. automatically sync on Evernote...

But in last Evernote update, when I double click in my attachement, open in ReadOnly mode!!

Can anyone explain to me why these problem show up?

Cheers!

Fellipe H.

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*

Are you using the Mac AppStore version of Evernote by any chance?

It seems to have more issues than the DirectDL ver.

You might try:  sign out of EN Mac, restart your Mac, and sign back into EN Mac.  Let EN Mac run for a few hours to ensure all background processing has completed.  

In fact, you can use the Mac Activity Monitor to check Evernote CPU usage.  When you are not doing anything in EN, the CPU% should be near zero, certainly under 10%.  If it is over 100% it is most likely still working on the update conversation.  The more Notes and Tags that you have, the longer it will take.

If your issue persists several hours after trying the above, then you may want to:

• Switch to the DirectDL version.  Just move Evernote.app to the Trash, and install from Evernote.com

• Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue".

Archived