Web Clipper for Chrome and IE

slither

Web clipper icon not appearing in either Chrome 40 or IE 11.  I'm running windows 8.1. I don't want to uninstall McAfee to see at that's the problem, but I suspect as much.  So I'm checking if anyone else is reporting this.  I've been through the useless support pages at Evernote--checked the extensions, yada, yada.  In Chrome, the web clipper extension is on, but is doing nothing.  In IE, I can't even find it in Extensions, on the command bar or the customize command bar.  I tried to download web clipper in both browsers, but Evernote responds by reporting that I've got web clipper installed already.

• Level 5*

Hi.  I used to run McAfee until recently (it came free with a new laptop) but my other systems use AVG so I switched back.  Never had any problems seeing the web clipper in Chrome though.  I don't use IE.  Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the clipper in Chrome,  since you can see it?  And - maybe a dumb question,  but when you try to download again have you tried the Chrome store at https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/evernote%20web%20clipper?hl=en-GB?

For issues with the IE Clipper here are some tips:

- After an update ot the Windows client make sure you start Evernote from the start menu as this will trigger installation of add-ons.

- If you didn't have IE completely shut down at the time of installing or updating the Windows client it may have affected the IE Clipper installation. Then try to re-install the Evernote for Windows application and make sure IE and Outlook are completely shut down. 

Issues with Chrome Web Clipper

- The icon for Web Clipper may be in the overflow menu in Chrome browser as described here: https://www.evernote.com/l/AAw5G3io-VBNjIYoQxNKoGFVZJYxSsT-5lg

- Or if that is not the issue I recommend uninstalling and then re-installing from the Chrome Web Store. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

I also have the added problem of not being able to even install the command bar - Anyone help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi - are you talking about IE too?  If you right-click the top of the window,  the command bar should be an option you can choose...

Archived