How do I completely disable or hide Reminders?

Or, more specifically, how do I remove or hide the word "Reminders" from the top of my list of notes? I don't use Evernote for reminders and don't want to see "Reminders" at the top of my list. Ever.

Secondarily, I have one note to which I attached a reminder, just to test the feature. I don't like the feature and don't want to use it. But I can't figure out how to remove the reminder from the note.

I can mark the reminder "completed," but then the reminder still remains attached to the note -- and the Reminder section still shows the completed reminder.

If I delete the note all together, the Reminder section disappears (yay!) -- except I need to keep that note, not delete it, just to remove the associated reminder.

Did anyone test this feature before it was implemented? It frankly just doesn't seem well-thought-out.

• Level 5*

Sorry, I don't think you can completely get rid of the "Reminders" label at the top of the Note list.

The best you can do is to collapse it to the one line.

On the Note with the reminder, in the Note Content panel, if you click on the Reminder icon, you should see a choice for "Clear reminder".  If you click that, it should remove the reminder for that note, and hopefully remove the Reminder line since you now have NO reminders.

Thanks for the tip.

Prior to reading it, I ended up copying the note's contents, pasting that into a new note, then backdating it to match the creation date of the original note (with the seemingly unremovable reminder).

I did click on the reminder icon, yesterday, but did not see an option to "Clear reminder." I tried a number of things before posting, here. As I recall, the only option I saw was to mark a reminder as "completed" (or whatever term was used). I tried that, but that simply added a strikethrough to the reminder, but kept the reminder in the list as, well, a reminder that the task had been completed. However, that action did not remove the reminder, which was my ultimate goal.

I believe you're correct that it's not possible to get rid of the "Reminders" label at the top of the Note list.

How short-sighted. I'm all for new features! New ways in which software and devices can enhance our lives. What I'm not for is a new feature that I'm forced to look at — so prominently and obtrusively in the interface — when I'm not even using it and don't want to. The notion that no matter what, if you've ever created even one reminder, you'll forever have to see the word "Reminders" at the top of your note list is simply beyond astonishing.

All I'd ask, Evernote, is the option to hide/remove it. 

Thanks again, JMichael, for the tip.

• Level 5
Instead of using reminders, I modify the Created Dates to work as my reminders.

And there is a way to hide the reminder completely. I use the full Vertical Note View (Ctrl+Shift+F5) 100% of the time. It gives me more visibility and has the added bonus is that I never have to look at reminders.

Here is what the Vertical Note View looks like:

It lets me see the big picture (lots of note titles) and the detail (large view of the actual note) in one screen.

Instead of using reminders, I modify the Created Dates to work as my reminders.

And there is a way to hide the reminder completely. I use the full Vertical Note View (Ctrl+Shift+F5) 100% of the time. It gives me more visibility and has the added bonus is that I never have to look at reminders.

Here is what the Vertical Note View looks like:
It lets me see the big picture (lots of note titles) and the detail (large view of the actual note) in one screen.

Thanks for the suggestion.

It's unclear why the Vertical Note View (called Side List View on a Mac) lacks reminders. Was it omitted from that view by design? Or was it simply an oversight that will soon be "rectified"?

It's also unclear if the Windows and Mac versions have identically implemented feature sets.

Regardless, I sincerely hope this workaround meets the needs of some users. Regrettably, however, it does not work for me. My workflow requires Snippet View, and I'm unwilling to switch to another view, simply to make Reminders go away. That's a great workaround for those who can freely switch to Vertical Note View (at least on Windows). But the developer still needs to rethink this feature.

For now, since Reminders apparently cannot ever be removed from a note (on Evernote for Mac), and since the Reminders heading cannot ever be removed, as long as any reminder -- past or present -- exists on any note, the only workaround for me, unfortunately, is to recreate any note that has (or had) an attached reminder, change their creation dates to match the original, then delete the original notes. Cumbersome, to say the least.

Thanks again.  :-)

• Level 5

Secondarily, I have one note to which I attached a reminder, just to test the feature. I don't like the feature and don't want to use it. But I can't figure out how to remove the reminder from the note.

I can mark the reminder "completed," but then the reminder still remains attached to the note -- and the Reminder section still shows the completed reminder.

As JMichael mentioned above, it’s very simple to remove the reminder from a note: Click the alarm clock and then click the 'Clear Reminder' button.

You can also remove completed reminders from the list by clicking the gear icon and unchecking 'Show Recently Completed Reminders'.

As JMichael mentioned above, it’s very simple to remove the reminder from a note: Click the alarm clock and then click the 'Clear Reminder' button.

You can also remove completed reminders from the list by clicking the gear icon and unchecking 'Show Recently Completed Reminders'.

"Click the alarm clock and then click the 'Clear Reminder' button."

Yes, that works.

"You can also remove completed reminders from the list by clicking the gear icon and unchecking 'Show Recently Completed Reminders'."

No! That does not work, because even after "hiding" all reminders, the Reminders section remains visible at the top of the notes list.

So, once you've created any reminders (even one), marking them completed and hiding them does NOT remove the "Reminders" section from the top of the list. At that point, one has no choice but to delete all reminders, because the option to "Clear Reminder" disappears and is no longer available.

• 1 year later...

It IS possible to remove the reminder without deleting the note! It's just not very easy to figure out how to do it. One of the problems is that you only get the option to "clear reminder" when the reminder is scheduled for the future.

These are the steps you need to take:

1. If the alarm date is in the past, click on the clock icon and then on the "change date" button to set it for a future date
  2. When the date is in the future, click on the clock icon in the note and you will see the "clear reminder" button.
  3. If you want to lose the the reminder panel at the top of the note list, you need to remove all reminders from your evernote.  
  • 2 months later...

Hi -- how do I bulk delete reminders?  I don't want to have to go through each one individually and remove them.

Selecting more than one reminder doesn't seem to have any awareness that these are "reminders" and so doesn't show any clock icon.

• Level 5*
23 minutes ago, Will Sargent said:

Hi -- how do I bulk delete reminders?  I don't want to have to go through each one individually and remove them.

Selecting more than one reminder doesn't seem to have any awareness that these are "reminders" and so doesn't show any clock icon.

I'd be looking at AppleScript on my Mac to do a bulk change of reminder data

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, Will Sargent said:

Same answer as in your other post on the same issue.

Archived