Trouble logging into Offline Evernote

Can anyone please tell me why it is that I keep getting a "Can't connect to server. Please try again later", message when trying to get into my OFFLINE evernote? I do not want to have to go to evernote's website to do what I need to do on my evernote. Thanks in advance.

I can't see how it's trying to sync when I'm not even logged in. I don't know what version of Evernote that I have. But when I check for updates, it states that I have the latest version and that there are no new updates. I'm on my desktop computer which is using Windows XP. Any other ideas? Thanks.

• Level 5*

I can't see how it's trying to sync when I'm not even logged in. I don't know what version of Evernote that I have. But when I check for updates, it states that I have the latest version and that there are no new updates. I'm on my desktop computer which is using Windows XP. Any other ideas? Thanks.

You need to have at least WinXP ServicePack 3 (or later) and apply the SSL 3.0 fix that Gaz referenced above.

This is not my first intallation of Evernote. I have had Evernote since Dec of 2008. I'm using it on my desktop computer with the OS of Windows XP. I have already done the SSL 3.0 fix after Gaz suggested it.

The desktop computer that I am currently on (and typing this from) is my 'old' computer. About 3.5 years ago, I bought an Acer laptop with the OS of Windows 7 in which I also have Evernote on. I have NO problems with my OFFLINE Evernote on my laptop. My laptop recently 'crapped out' and until I can get it fixed/replaced, I am back on my old desktop PC. I should also note, that prior to currently having problems signing onto my OFFLINE Evernote on my old PC, I had never had this problem before (on my old PC).

Archived