Feedback on User Experience

fr3ak

The new beta experience is sub par. In fact, it's worse off. It feels like you made a good product look pretty just because you could. The functionality is less efficient, navigating around my notes/notebooks feels cumbersome, and generally I agree that less is more, but it seems like you went too far with going "less".

On that note, I want to make a comment about the experience of trying to use tables. It's very hindering that we cannot edit the tables after they are created. The auto-sizing of the columns is downright horrendous. For example, I use Size-Up on my Mac, and resizing the window smaller makes the table smaller, fine. However, making the window take up the full screen again does not put the table width back to 100%, as it was before.

I read somewhere that Evernote doesn't want to take over, or compete (or whatever), with more robust note taking software. But let's be real, I would bet that there are a lot of people that want Evernote to do just that. Why hold back on features that are very helpful (damn near essential) for people that want to use your product?

I will admit, however, that the aesthetic look/feel of the beta is nice. But the functionality went completely the wrong way. I'd rather have something that works well, than looks nice.

Overall, I don't understand why Evernote is holding itself back.

I use EN on PC and Android. I recently deleted my PC app because of some issues and I suppose the real problem with this is a lack of backup? Frankly, I don't miss it and find using EN in a browser tab just as convenient. However, in the new beta: the right click option on a note creates a new note with a search for a term in the note but if all I wanted was to copy the link (then paste into another note) I have to go to another screen and copy and mark done effectively turn on sharing - all a bit long-winded - when all I want it to post the url of one post into another so save me searching for it later but this doesn't work in a browser - you have to share it first. Any chance the browser version could get this?

I have enjoyed using the beta. I think the clarity it offers is beneficial to the end-user. When I write a note it can help to keep the clutter of of tags, notebooks and note lists out of the way. However, this cleanliness could be achieved through editing the note in a pop-out. There has been some (temporary?) loss of functionality (eg moving stacks) which I missed sufficiently to revert to the classic version.

It is irritating to have incessant splash screen asking me 'to take a look around' - I would like to turn these off.

As a writer I would appreciate more nesting options and... like many... I would love to have an outliner. Not sure why this is so hard to implement?

Archived