We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×
JimboInWV

Business Card not recognized as Card

I scanned a business card and it wasn't recognized as a business card - likely because some of the text was at 'creative' angles.

Is there a way to convert the scan to business card format?

Here's a trick that works with Evernote's built-in scanner - re-scan a blank card (the back of a printed one) and you get the fields of a card ready to have the correct information inserted.  Don;t know if that works with scannable but it would be worth a try..   No way that I know of though to use the current scanned information.  Worst case - use Evernote on your phone to use it's business card scanner on the saved image.

Thanks for the suggestion, I scanned a blank card but it registered as a blank image labeled 'Scannable Document'.  

Business card scanning Evernote for iPhone 6 is a premium feature, I don't have it.

Hmmn.  There was a deal going that pairing your Evernote account with your LinkedIn account would get you a free 12 months business card scanning - don't know if that's still current though.

OK down-and-dirty suggestion:  can you create a 'mock' business card for this person by filling in the details in a word processor and printing the result,  then scan the printed item?  (Cutting out a small sheet with details...?)

Haven't used physical (scissors and glue) cut-and-paste for awhile. Perhaps I should buy a typewriter :)

Thanks for your suggestions - not relying on business card scans, but want to discuss to see if it's a problem others have experienced.

• Like 1

Interesting as these suggestions are, they aren't at all adequate as a solution to an issue that arises constantly, especially with Japanese business cards. A method of saving mis-recognized 'documents' as business cards is required immediately. I paid for Evernote specifically for this function, and it irritates me intensely that this issue even exists.

Previous comments being 18 months or so old,  there have been a few changes since then.  You're scanning cards that get misrecognised -

What's your:

• OS
  • scanner
  • Evernote version?

This being a user-supported forum,  I'd suggest you raise a support request too...