Clipper not working on Chrome or Safari

nikred

Hi, I am using clipper in the way I've always used it - on a pc at work, a pc at home, and 2 macs.  It just says 'cannot save clip'. On every machine, on either Safari or Chrome. All updated.  So I'm assuming an update has changed something but can't figure out what to do as it's one of the main things i use in Evernote. 6.2.4 (fc552eb/1.1.0.775)   on Safari.

Has only recently started happening.

For Safari we are affected by recent changes in how Safari handles Content Security Policy settings. More info about that here: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/66224-safari-clipper-and-content-security-policy-csp-issue/

It sounds like you can start the Clipper and the user interface displays as normal but something prevents clips from being saved properly.

Things to try:

- Restart the browser. If updates happen in the background as it mostly does restarting is recommended. 

- Try signing out and then sign back in again.

- Try re-installing the Web Clipper. 

- If the issue happens on certain URLs please post them here so we can test against them.

In our tests both Chrome and Safari clippers work fine. 

I began using Evernote per WSJ.com, which replaced its "save article" feature with Evernote Web Clipper.  I use a MacBook Pro with OS X 10.9.5 and Safari 7.1.3.  Usually, I can save articles from WSJ.com, but not from numerous other sites, e.g. NYTimes.com, WashingtonPost.com, ArchitecturalDigest.com, blogs, etc.  Photos, too.  The message "Cannot save clip" appears instead.  I followed jbignert's suggestions above, but still cannot save.  I would appreciate further assistance.   

Archived