Information Sent After Scanning A Business Card

• Level 5*

Hi.  If the 'send my information' button sends incorrect or out of date details,  make sure your LinkedIn account is up to date with your correct details,  and go to Connected Services - https://www.evernote.com/ConnectedServices.action - to Disconnect LinkedIn.

Scan another business card,  and you'll be asked to link your account again,  hopefully with refreshed data...

• Level 5*

I'd suggest uninstalling and reinstalling Evernote to try to reset things...

The cure for all Evernote faults.   LOL

@vtothem:  I'd suggest that you Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.

• Level 5*

SInce Evernote Business Card Scanning seems to work pretty well for most folks,  I don't think this qualifies as a 'bug'.  There's likely something wrong with the setup,  which an uninstall/ reinstall - which takes all of 5 minutes on a mobile - could solve in about that length of time.  Submitting bug reports - which are already 'available to all' including free account users - doesn't generally warrant a response (even for premium users) unless Evernote ask for more information to narrow down a problem they can't replicate.

In this case we don't actually know exactly what the OP is using,  so a bit more information could help here too - are you scanning with iOS or Android,  and what model of phone are you using?  Is this the native Evernote business card scanner,  or the new Scannable app?

• Level 5*

SInce Evernote Business Card Scanning seems to work pretty well for most folks,  I don't think this qualifies as a 'bug'. 

There are lots of bugs that don't affect all users.  So I don't get that logic.

One of the metrics that Evernote uses (as I've been told by an Evernote employee) is number of issues/bugs reported via Support Tickets.   So, if after a reasonable amount of effort (< 1hr IMO), if the user can't resolve the issue, then I think a bug report is in order.  Note that I said "effort", not elapsed time.

If it's reinstalling a mobile app that's one thing.  You're right, it doesn't take long.

But reinstalling the Evernote desktop apps (EN Win and EN Mac) can take quite a while depending on the number of Notes in the account.

So, IMO, reinstalling (app and data) the desktop apps with a lot of Notes should be one of the last steps of resolving the issue.  After all, us users shouldn't really have to be dealing with so many issues/bugs from Evernote.

• Level 5*

This is the first report I've seen of this problem,  so it's not that it doesn't affect all users,  it's more it doesn't affect anyone else that we know of.  One report isn't a 'bug',  and likely won't incentivise Evernote into any massive efforts anytime soon.

I'm not suggesting a clean reinstall on a desktop,  I'm suggesting a quick reinstall on a mobile.  Anything else is off topic.

You have mentioned frequently before that us users shouldn't be bothered with all these nasty not-bugs.  Do you carry a puncture repair kit on your bike,  or a spare tyre in your car?  Same principle.  It goes wrong,  you apply first aid.

• Level 5*

Gaz, the fact is YOU don't know whether or not it is a bug.

I'm all for the user helping him/herself, and you helping them.

I just don't know the point of stating something like "SInce Evernote Business Card Scanning seems to work pretty well for most folks,  I don't think this qualifies as a 'bug'."

• First, you don't have that information.   Since you don't have access to the Evernote support or bug-tracking team, you, nor any of us, know how may reports have been made via Support Tickets.
  • Second, it's faulty logic.  This COULD be the first person to discover a new bug, perhaps not seem by lots of other users

Are you trying to discourage bug reports?  If so, why?

• Level 5*

None of this is relevant to fixing the OP's issue,  but on your last point you should know by now that I'm not employed by,  affiliated to,  or otherwise connected with Evernote.  I just don't like to see users wasting their time with pointless actions that won't get their problem fixed.  Now can we stop scaring the audience?  There's already been one OP request to calm down exchanges like this...  

EDIT:  PS - https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/81119-note-title-font-size-issues-wine/?p=343756

• Level 5*

@Gaz:  You have contributed as much as anyone to "scaring the audience".

If you'll look back over the posts, I make a joke about reinstalling, and then suggested that the user submit a bug report.

It was you that started this whole debate about bugs by making the rebuttal comment "I don't think this qualifies as a 'bug'", when you didn't have the factual basis or logic to make such a claim.

You can move on by stop trying to make me look like the bad guy, and just deal with the technical issues as we agreed to earlier.

@Gaz:  You have contributed as much as anyone to "scaring the audience".

If you'll look back over the posts, I make a joke about reinstalling, and then suggested that the user submit a bug report.

It was you that started this whole debate about bugs by making the rebuttal comment "I don't think this qualifies as a 'bug'", when you didn't have the factual basis or logic to make such a claim.

You can move on by stop trying to make me look like the bad guy, and just deal with the technical issues as we agreed to earlier.

You do a darned good job of making yourself look like the bad guy.  Let's see...this week alone, you've nitpicked with csihilling:

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/80104-manual-sorting-and-the-design-objection/page-2#entry345419

Jefito & GM:

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/41178-evernote-annoyance-creating-sub-folders/page-3

And Gaz. (And I've not even linked to the various threads - this week alone).

Maybe you should step away from the keyboard & take a lot of deep breaths, since you seem to be a huge contributor of (to use your term), noise.

@Gaz: You have contributed as much as anyone to "scaring the audience".

You do a darned good job of making yourself look like the bad guy. Let's see...this week alone, you've nitpicked with csihilling:

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/80104-manual-sorting-and-the-design-objection/page-2#entry345419

Jefito & GM:

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/41178-evernote-annoyance-creating-sub-folders/page-3

And Gaz. (And I've not even linked to the various threads - this week alone).

Maybe you should step away from the keyboard & take a lot of deep breaths, since you seem to be a huge contributor of (to use your term), noise.

And the madness continues...JMiU please stop arguing about and nitpicking EVERY SINGLE THING THAT someone you don't like says. MOVE ON.

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/80104-manual-sorting-and-the-design-objection/?p=346772

Archived