We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×
vyomashar

√ Feature Request: Strike through & Add Source

Idea

I use Evernote mostly on my Android phone and would like to have the option to Strike through text in a note and also the ability to add a Source to a note created manually currently the source gets added automatically when i Share something to Evernote from Chrome or any other app.

• Like 2

20 replies to this idea

Yes, stikethorugh would be very nice. I'd especially like it if we could strikethrough texts in bullets and checkbox list. That would greatly improve using EN to as Task manager.

• Like 2

I wonder why this feature has not been implemented? I'm sure that this simple feature will be very useful for most people.

I have the same issue. I have a list I created on Evernote from the website on my PC. (I also have the Evernote webapp for Windows 10, but didn't try it on there.) I used Strikethrough to cross off the items I had obtained, so all that was left were the ones I needed. The next time I tried to do the same on my phone, I realized the feature was not there. So now I have to underline the items on my phone if I am out and about and then later when I come home, change all the underlines to strikethroughs from my PC. It is really annoying. It seems like a very easy thing to add to the app.

Yes, it is a MUST have!

Moreover, when text is stoke through from a PC, then the note becomes hardly editable from the Android app. :(

This is more a bug than a missing feature :angry:... but Evernote does not provide any way to submit issues :(.

It's almost unbelievable, that this feature is not fixed yet. It's really annoying to have it even here in this forum editor, but not on the android platform!

PLEASE make it possible asap!

YES!!! The lack of strikethrough in the Android app after all this time is frankly, pathetic. Recently bought a Surface, and tempted to go to One Note because of all the formatting issues going back and forth between Windows and Android... this being the one that drives me the most crazy

Hello all,

I definitely see where you are coming from on this. While it is not currently supported in the mobile applications, I would like to recommend up voting this feature to increase the likelihood of this getting added. In the meantime I will see what I can find out.

• Like 1

Hi Matt,

Enlabling strikethrough on the Android app would indeed be extremely helpful. Any progress since your post on March 2nd?

Thanks and regards.

This has been doing my head in as I couldn't figure out what was causing the problem. The error says about web clipping but my notes had no web clippingin them! Turns out to be strike throug, which isn't even web clipping, so the erro message is kinda useful too.

Its a pretty basic and essential feature for note taking and management!

Come on Evernote, fix this bug (as that's what is really is) on Android devies.

Hi there. We made many improvements to the editor in our latest Android release, 7.8. Strikethrough, subscript, and superscript are all now supported. The release has been slowly rolling out over the past week and will be available to all soon. 

• Like 1

On 4/5/2016 at 1:19 AM, Justin Street said:

Hi there. We made many improvements to the editor in our latest Android release, 7.8. Strikethrough, subscript, and superscript are all now supported. The release has been slowly rolling out over the past week and will be available to all soon. 

Hello Justin,

I updated my EN app as soon as the latest version was out. While I do see other updates listed in the change log, I still don't see the additional formatting options: subscript, superscript and strikethrough. Please help!

Thank you,

GT

hmm, weird - I was looking for this today.

My app is up to date, but I don't see the sub/super script buttons. Not when editing notes, nor when adding a new one?

Nope! I see nothing of that sort. Neither the two formatting options nor Google Drive icon in your screenshot. Here's how my note editor looks:

EN_Editor.png

Sorry for the poor quality screenshot.

Thanks,

GT

Anyone from EN Support out there? Still waiting for an answer and a solution. Thanks!

Hello @tulpuleg,

I am sorry for the delay. It is weird that you wouldn't be seeing this. What is the version of the Android operating system that is running on your device?

8 hours ago, Matt W. said:

Hello @tulpuleg,

I am sorry for the delay. It is weird that you wouldn't be seeing this. What is the version of the Android operating system that is running on your device?

UPDATE: I just uninstalled and reinstalled the android app. It works as advertised now. I think it would be good if you can highlight "reinstalling the app" as a preliminary troubleshooting step. That would help others facing similar issues.

GT

Hi @tulpuleg,

I am glad to hear that it is now working after a reinstall. I will make the necessary changes. 

• Like 1