Any need to back up Evernote app on IPad to Apple iCloud?

Hi,

I mostly use Evernote on my IPad. As you undoubtedly know, the Apple iPad "comes with" a certain amount of free storage to Apple ICloud so users like me can, if we wish, back up any or all of our iPad Apps to Icloud. The reason for is so that if we ever have a problem with our IPads and have to "restore" our IPads from a back up, we don't lose any of our app data. But since Evernote has its OWN, INDEPENDENT backup and storage system, is there any reason I need to also back up my Evernote App to Apple ICloud - or can I uncheck this option on my IPad and save the free storage space for something else?

Thanks,

Lani

Sent from my iPad

• Level 5*

Hi.  Evernote does have a first-line backup system in that copy notes are saved from the iPad to the server.  But if a tablet note is corrupted and then saved back to the server,  you'll have two corrupted notes.  If you are a premium user you might also have note history to fall back on - if your note has been on the server for a while and didn't get corrupted before it hits the backup system...

There is No Such Thing as an unnecessary backup! 

Archived