How to save scan as jpeg

Mrs Xeno

Hello, I will admit I'm new to Evernote. I tried it because I heard you could scan a handwritten note, upload it as a jpeg into Evernote and it was searchable.  Unfortunately, I cannot seem to figure out the steps to make this happen.  I am on a Mac and I have the free version.  I have Scanner Pro and Scannable apps on my iPhone.  

Is it true that Evernote works this way?  

Do I need the Premium version to enable this?  

Is this possible with the free version and if so, how?

• Level 5*

Hi.

When I scan handwritten pages I find the bet way is to open Evernote on my phone and take a picture of the pages with the camera.  The new note contains a JPEG picture of the note which is OCR'd to make it searchable.  That works in Evernote free.  PDF files are only OCR'd in Evernote Premium.  The Scannable App hasn't yet made it to Android/ Windows,  so I'm not sure whether that would make any difference to the choices you have,  but acquiring a picture in a note is very straightforward.

• 2 years later...
  • Level 5*
On 5/12/2017 at 0:26 PM, JonoL said:

I'm new to this.....Can someone tell me how I save scannable images as JPEG's

Got to settings in Scannable and select Images as file type and see if that does the job.

• Level 5*
On 2017-05-12 at 10:26 AM, JonoL said:

I'm new to this.....Can someone tell me how I save scannable images as JPEG's

As per @csihilling

IMG_1657.thumb.PNG.bf6b3431ce843cae2d9079a8de7c0441.PNG   IMG_1658.thumb.PNG.d0c74cdde25d21f467dd6d3796e73e76.PNG  IMG_1659.thumb.PNG.3f8f07d94e04e501261cd3579d4466e1.PNG

Thanks for the reply! The last screenshot above shows the problem Im having. Under the red circled "images" is says...Auto outputs single page documents as an a PDF. There is no setting for Jpeg or Png. Changing from auto to images makes no difference to the text below. I want to save multiple images in png or jpeg, transfer them to my PC to upload to eBay. How would you do this? I tried again with your settings & it says file save as PDF. Is there a way to take a series of scans....save them (in bulk) as jpeg or png files & then move them to my PC? I can't see any of my uploads either yet is says I have used up half of my space?

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, JonoL said:

I tried again with your settings

My settings in the post show I selected PDF format
I could have selected Auto, PDF or Images

You can select Images and your scans will be saved as images

>>I can't see any of my uploads either yet

Scans are uploaded to the Evernote servers.  They are downloaded to your devices when you sync.

You can check the server using the web platform (www.evernote.com) on your pc

I have no idea what you mean by checking servers & sync. I only bought the Ipad last week & have spent less than 2 hours making it work. I normally use a PC so learning how Apple works is a pain.  Sometimes there is no back button which is very annoying as I have to press the home button & start again.

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, JonoL said:

OK but to where?

Scans are saved to Evernote as attachment files to a note.

First uploaded to the Evernote servers, then sync'd to devices

• Level 5*
Just now, JonoL said:

When I try to siign in on my ipad it says the password is worng...the same password works fine on my PC.

On your pc, try logging into the web platform (www.evernote.com) and verify your userid/password is correct and you can access your data

7 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Scans are saved to Evernote as an attachment files to a note.

First uploaded to the Evernote servers, then sync'd to devices

So it's not possible to save jpeg images to the ipad HD?

1 minute ago, DTLow said:

On your pc, try logging into the web platform (www.evernote.com) and verify your userid/password is correct and you can access your data

I am replying to your messages so what do you mean by logging in? I cant reply unless I am logged in.

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, JonoL said:

So it's not possible to save jpeg images to the ipad HD?

Are you sure you want to use the Evernote service

Why not use the camera app and just take a  picture

5 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Are you sure you want to use The Evernote service

Why not use the camera app and just take a  picture

I bought an ipad specifically to use scannable. My task is to scan images & upload them to eBay but the multiple images came out as a PDF file instead of indivuidual JPEG so I deleted them.

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, JonoL said:

I bought an ipad specifically to use scannable. My task is to scan images & upload them to eBay

Why use the Scannable app?  The built in camera app should be sufficient for taking pictures

Just now, DTLow said:

Why use the Scannable app?  The built in camera app should be sufficient for taking pictures

Like I said...I dont want to go into all th e details but I ahave a camera. I bough the ipad because scannable realighns the photos . Thats why I need to use scannable.

• Level 5*
15 minutes ago, JonoL said:

I bough the ipad because scannable realighns the photos .

Allignment is one of the features, however the purpose of Scannable is as an input source to Evernote

You should be looking at a different app

Fed up asking this question.....with no answer

Can someone tell me if it is possible to use scannable & save multiple images as individual JPEG's instread of one at a time.

Can someone tell me if it is possible to use scannable & save multiple images as individual JPEG's instread of one at a time.

26 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Allignment is one of the features, however the purpose of Scannable is as an input source to Evernote

You should be looking at a different app

Why would you steer me away from being a cusomer? There is no alternative for the job so tellinhg me I should be looking at a a different app is rather frustrating. Can you do me a favour & let me know the answer to the question I asked on Friday? Is possible to use scannable & save multiple images as individual JPEG's instread of one at a time?

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, JonoL said:

Why would you steer me away from being a cusomer? There is no alternative for the job. Can you do me a favour & let me know the answer to the question I asked on Friday? Is possible to use scannable & save multiple images as individual JPEG's instread of one at a time?

We're all users here, trying to help each other

We have answered your question as how to use Scannable to save jpeg images

If you're going to use Scannable, a component of the Evernote services; you will have to learn how to use Evernote

5 minutes ago, DTLow said:

We're all users here, trying to help each other

We have answered your question as how to use Scannable to save jpeg images

If you're going to use Scannable, a component of the Evernote services; you will have to learn how to use Evernote

If you are trying to help why won't you answer my question....I have asked so many times now.....please tell me if it is possible to use scannable & save multiple images as individual JPEG's instead of one at a time.

• Level 5*
25 minutes ago, JonoL said:

If you are trying to help why won't you answer my question....I have asked so many times now.....please tell me if it is possible to use scannable & save multiple images as individual JPEG's instead of one at a time.

We have answered your question - Yes, it's possible to use Scannable and save multiple images

I have provided you screenshots of the settings page

Its up to you to learn how to use the product. The product is Evernote; Scannable is a component

>>What other app has aspect ratio correction? I'll tell you..threre isn't one

Sorry, I don't have a suggestion.  I do think Evernote Scannable is overkill for your requirement

29 minutes ago, DTLow said:

We have answered your question - Yes, it's possible to use Scannable and save multiple images

Its up to you to learn how to use the product

Sorry, I don't have a suggestion.  I do think Evernote Scannable is overkill for your requirement

I appreciate your time but please dont tell me Scannable is overkill when there is absolutley no alternative for what I am trying to achieve. I know scannable saves PDFs in multiples but it doesn't save Jpeg or Png in multiples does it. It is not overkilll it is the only option unless of course it doesnt do what you say it does. Sorry that you can't fully understand my requirements but believe me I did not spend £325 on an ipad to use some software & be told it's no use to me. It is if I can get it to do the job mentioned several times now. You have not clearly answered my the question so again ask in more detail than ever  please tell me if it is possible to use scannable & save multiple images as individual JPEG's or PNGs  files instead of clicking save button after every scan A YES or NO anser please.

21 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Its up to you to learn how to use the product. The product is Evernote; Scannable is a component

You said " We have answered your question - Yes, it's possible to use Scannable and save multiple images "

But in what file format?  Jpeg & Png or just PDF? You still have not answered that.

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, JonoL said:

please tell me if it is possible to use scannable & save multiple images as individual JPEG's or PNGs  files instead of clicking save button after every scan A YES or NO anser please.

YES

>>But in what file format?  Jpeg & Png or just PDF?

Your choice in settings PDF or Jpeg/Png

3 minutes ago, DTLow said:

YES

Finally an answer! Now we're getting somewhere.  So what options are there to save jpeg files ? Save to Evernote Google etc but not to the HD of an Ipad ...right?

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, JonoL said:

Finally an answer! Now we're getting somewhere.  So how what options are there to save jpeg files ?

I showed you the settings page where you select PDF or Image

>>save jpeg images to the ipad HD?

This was from an earlier post.  Scannable is an input source for Evernote (or Email)
Its not used to save images to the ipad HD

22 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I showed you the settings page where you select PDF or Image

>>save jpeg images to the ipad HD?

This was from an earlier post.  Scannable is an input source for Evernote (or Email)
Its not used to save images to the ipad HD

Yes and I replied thus..."Is there a way to take a series of scans....save them (in bulk) as jpeg or png files & then move them to my PC? I can't see any of my uploads either yet is says I have used up half of my space" ..... I also said "I could not see my files even when I am logged into Evernote on my PC & the same password does not work on my ipad".

So I can only save jpegs to google or icloud in batches ....right?

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, JonoL said:

So I can only save jpegs to google or icloud in batches ....right?

Are we still on Evernote Scannable

When you take your scans, you have the options of
- images (jpeg) or pdf
- saving to Evernote, or sending by email

2 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Camera roll is the folder in your mobile device's long term storage in which the camera stores all images.

I dont have a mobile. I have an ipad but I've never seen a camera roll. I'll have to look for it if you are sure it's there.

So in effect I CAN save to the HD...Why did DTlow say "Its not used to save images to the ipad HD"

• Level 5*

Why did DTlow say "Its not used to save images to the ipad HD"

You're now having a couple of separate conversations.  In a different thread I was talking about Android devices and using Office Lens or the device camera.  

• Level 5*

DTlow said "Its not used to save images to the ipad HD" Not you. Just wondered why.

The Scannable app is used to store images/scans in the Evernote database

2 minutes ago, DTLow said:

The Scannable app is used to store images/scans in the Evernote database

Gaz just said " Camera roll is the folder in your mobile device's long term storage in which the camera stores all images".

10 minutes ago, gazumped said:

You're now having a couple of separate conversations.  In a different thread I was talking about Android devices and using Office Lens or the device camera.  

It was in this thread Gaz. 7 posts above

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, JonoL said:

Gaz just sad " Camera roll is the folder in your mobile device's long term storage in which the camera stores all images".

You cant both be right as you are contradicting each other.

Two separate items: Camera Roll and Evernote Database

The Camera Roll is equivalent to the Apple HD

• Level 5*

Yes & I said is there a way to save to HD/ Gaz said the camera roll was the HD.

Camera Roll is an outdated term; like camera film roll
Yes, its the iPad HD and Scannable doesn't save to it

• Level 5*
On 2017-05-18 at 7:04 AM, JonoL said:

Like I said...I dont want to go into all th e details but I ahave a camera. I bough the ipad because scannable realighns the photos . Thats why I need to use scannable.

Have you looked at the Scanbot app.  Looks like it does this feature without the Evernote overhead

Archived