Formatting of notes changes after being entered

In one of my notes I am making addtions to the notes on a regular basis as I get more information. Everyting has been fine until just recently and as of today when I opened Evernote the formatting of this particular note has gone totally haywire. None of he notes are aligned and large gaps exist between blocks of words. This has happened after having not had any issue for almost a month of additions. What happened?

Formatting is 1 of Evernote's weak points. There are 2 workarounds:

• type in Word & copy/paste to Evernote, though not all the formatting might be rendered depending on what Evernote supports
  • type in Word & leave it in Word, and keep that document as an attachment to your note.
  • Level 5*

In one of my notes I am making addtions to the notes on a regular basis as I get more information. Everyting has been fine until just recently and as of today when I opened Evernote the formatting of this particular note has gone totally haywire. None of he notes are aligned and large gaps exist between blocks of words. This has happened after having not had any issue for almost a month of additions. What happened?

Evernote has completely rewritten the Note Content Editor starting with EN Mac 5.7, 6+, and maybe now with EN Win 5.8.3 (but not sure about that). 

IAC, the display of Note content in EN Mac 6+ can change dramatically from that in Ver 5.5.2, even though you made no changes.

• Level 5*

I don't believe we've had any editor changes yet in Windows.  I'd suggest it's better to add new notes than add to an existing one - if you don't edit the content on different clients,  there will (should) be no changes to the layout.  Better to add new noites,  and merge with existing ones if necessary,  or just link with tags or titles,  than to scroll endlessly through oider notes trying to find the right paragraph to edit...

• Level 5*

@Gaz:  Thanks for the clarification about the EN Win editor -- I wasn't sure, but I had heard that it was coming to EN Win.

But with EN Mac the display of the Note can actually change without making any changes to the Note.

Archived