Can't Move Notes to New Android

I broke the screen on my Samsung S4 and replaced it with a new S4.  I downloaded Evernote and logged in to my account but couldn't find a way to restore my notes.  I checked my PC and it too had the new version of Evernote and assumed I was a first timer. It didn't have any of my notes. I couldn't find any data files on the PC that looked like Evernote data either.  I can access my old phone by plugging it into my PC.  Using Windows Explorer, I found my notes there under /com.evernote/files/user-####/notes.  Is there some way to retrieve these?

• Level 5*

Hi.  You probably don't want to retrieve whatever bits of notes are available on your phone.  Evernote doesn't save notes to local storage in Android unless you specifically set that up;  it saves to the servers online whenever you have an internet connection.  It sounds very much like you set up a new account (or at least logged into the wrong one) if you don't see any notes on your PC.  Try File > Exiting your PC version of Evernote,  then log back in with the same user details you had on the Samsung.  You should see all you notes.  If that works,  then just logging into the correct account on your phone will do the trick.

• Level 5*

Ah.  No,  you just need to report a login/account access issue by choosing "login/account access issue" (!) in the first dropdown after logging into this link > https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

You'll get a ticket number immediately,  but it may take a few days before you get a human response.  You should be able to get back into your old account...

Archived