How can I directly add hyperlink to a note in the toolbar?

RedCatholicViking

Problem: When I create a new note, I want to add a hyperlink to the note in the toolbar, but there is no option to add one.

Current Work Around: Copy an existing note that already has a hyperlink in the toolbar, and edit that.

I've attached an image of the hyperlink toolbar location. In versions up to 4.2 I could edit the hyperlink directly. Now I cannot. This is so annoying! I have been staying on older versions of Evernote, but I have other reasons to that motivate me to upgrade. How can I add a URL to the toolbar on a new note? Can I have the bar displayed by default so I can edit it?

post-248897-0-43738200-1423761177_thumb.

• Level 5*

What gaz said, except: if the note doesn't have a URL already, then you won't see a URL entry field. In that case, click on the i icon ('i' for 'info') at the top right-hand-side of the editing toolbar; and edit the URL field that you find in the dropdown.

Edit: To amend: In the Windows client, the bottom row of the note editing tool panel (the bit that appears immediately above your note) does double duty. When you are actively editing the note (the note area has focus), it shows the editing tools (font selection, size, color, boldface, italics, etc.); when you're not actively editing the note, it shows some note metadata (created and updated dates, and the URL, if available). If, in the latter state you don't see a URL, you'll need to go to the Info dropdown to add one. If you do see a URL, then you can click on the URL to it up in your browser, or click on the little blue arrow at the right to bring up a menu that allows you to Edit, Clear, or View (open in browser) the URL.

• Level 5*

In Windows go to Evernote > View > Show Editing Toolbar.  Switch it off to see the URL field to the right of the date boxes as before

Sorry Gaz, I don't see a View menu option for "Show Editing Toolbar" in EN Win 5.8.3

EN-Win-583-View-Menu.png

The ONLY way I see to ADD a URL for a Note is to click on the "i" button to open the Note Info Panel.

• Level 5*

@Gaz:  This is very strange that we are both running EN Win 5.8.3, but the View menu is different.

For the record, I'm running "5.8.3.6507 (274507) Public"

Notice that I'm also missing the "Show Note Info" manu item, and pressing F8 doesn't do anything.

I think you should uninstall/reinstall to correct this problem.   LOL -- just kidding!

One difference I see is that you're running Win 8 or 8.1, whereas I'm running Win7 Pro x64.

BTW, I just updated to 5.8.3 this morning.

• Level 5*

A secret revealed, thanks.  May not solve the OP's issue though since there is nothing to edit when you create a new note.  Still have to go to the information drop down, as far as I can tell to create the URL.

EDIT:  And Ctrl-F8 still brings up the screen shot above, but a Windows error message, something about   Windows cannot  find SyncCreatedTitleTagsNotebookSizeUpdated....  All sems to be well after x'ing out of the error message.  Don't think I am using F8 or Ctrl-F8 for anything.  FYI.

• Level 5*

Ah Hah!  Was just beginning to question my own sanity (no comments required on that remark,  thanks...) because using my 8.1 laptop (I'm travelling) I don't get that different menu any more.  Now you remind me,  I did try out a few of spgScott's options in EnRegEd some while ago on my other laptop - https://www.evernote.com/shard/s26/sh/da14b58c-c403-46e0-85cc-b734b19496da/e88ba90496f46a77

• Level 5*

Ah Hah!  Was just beginning to question my own sanity (no comments required on that remark,  thanks...) because using my 8.1 laptop (I'm travelling) I don't get that different menu any more.  Now you remind me,  I did try out a few of spgScott's options in EnRegEd some while ago on my other laptop - https://www.evernote.com/shard/s26/sh/da14b58c-c403-46e0-85cc-b734b19496da/e88ba90496f46a77

Busted.

Archived