How to search using "or"

Jefito answers your question perfectly. The way he describes it you can achieve exactly what you are looking for.

If you search just "travel"

it finds travel anywhere... Weather it is in the tag or in the title or in the body.

If you search tag:travel it will only find items with that tag...

So the first way is essentially an "either or"

Just asking for "travel" collects far too many unwanted items, so that's not the best choice.

I guess I'll have to think about changing the data, though this did seem like an excellent way to segregate data that might interest me only infrequently.

Just asking for "travel" collects far too many unwanted items, so that's not the best choice.

I guess I'll have to think about changing the data, though this did seem like an excellent way to segregate data that might interest me only infrequently.

Add a second word to your search and it will narrow down.

• Level 5*

You could always add the tag travel to all notes in the notebook travel (maybe even eliminate the notebook in the process?).  Kind of hard to determine what the use case is, sorry.

Archived