Changing email address to deactivated address

jahnvishah

Idea

Hello!

My most frequently used email address is different than the one from I used to create my Evernote account two years ago. I mistakenly created a new Evernote account using the new address. I wish to add that to the old account but it won't let me add an address already in use. If I deactivate the new Evernote account, will I be able to add the new address as the primary one?

The Deactivate Account page says this-

"When your account is deactivated, you will be logged out of Evernote, and this account will no longer be usable. You will not be able to create another Evernote account with your same email address. To change your email address, go to the Settings page."

Hence my query.

2 replies to this idea

I am not sure about that, but I know from other companies like TuneIn, they have an awesome email support by the way, that every email can only be used ones and a deactivation of an account will not free an email, but that tech support will just switch both emails for you without a problem.

• Level 5*

...or you could just change your email address online in the settings page in EN Web to anything - doesn't matter you won't be using it - and then deactivate the account (make sure you export any notes you want to save first...).  Then you could use the address formerly locked in that account somewhere else.

Archived