Issue:Cannot delete note that is created in other application (Mac)

Rye Yao

Idea

I am using Marxico, a markdown editor, to connect to Evernote, and it is not granted to delete notes in evernote, not even those created by itself. Then I try to delete a note created by Marxico from Evernote (version 6.0.5, OSX), it says "This note was created in another application. To edit this note, open it in the app where it was created." and the note seems to be locked. 

Now I cannot delete note from another application because this operation is not permitted, and yet I cannot do the same thing with Evernote on my Mac.

I believe it is not a third-party issue because I ended up deleting the note from a Windows version Evernote.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Have you asked the creator of Marxico about this? He seems pretty responsive.

Here's the skinny on read-only notes in Evernote: https://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/read_only_notes.php. Maybe this is what Marxico is running afoul of. Why the Evernote for Windows would allow deletion and the Mac application is a bit of a puzzle, but they may have different behaviors with respect to the read-only setting, but they don't share code bases, and mismatches do happen.

• Level 5*

Can't remember details,  but I think I had a similar issue with one extension or another - the way I fixed it then was to set up a new note,  merge the old and the new,  then delete the new note.  Don't know if that might be an option... FWIW.

Have you asked the creator of Marxico about this? He seems pretty responsive.

Here's the skinny on read-only notes in Evernote: https://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/read_only_notes.php. Maybe this is what Marxico is running afoul of. Why the Evernote for Windows would allow deletion and the Mac application is a bit of a puzzle, but they may have different behaviors with respect to the read-only setting, but they don't share code bases, and mismatches do happen.

Can't remember details,  but I think I had a similar issue with one extension or another - the way I fixed it then was to set up a new note,  merge the old and the new,  then delete the new note.  Don't know if that might be an option... FWIW.

I've asked the creator @gock2 and he thought it might be a bug of Evernote for Mac... He also offered another workaround: deletion can be done with Evernote Web.

Archived