Text disappears. It is hidden.

davidhowe

Idea

This story starts on my Android, but it continues to my Mac version.

I have several notebooks and notes that work fine. However, I attempted to add information via Galaxy S5 to one note, and when I tapped the little green pencil, all the text disappeared. I made my addition anyway, and only the addition seemed to be left, so I checked on the note in my Mac.

It looked the same, but I found my original note information by using the mouse to highlight the note. What was invisible before became visible, but I still can't copy it and repost it in the note.  The text is invisible on both my Galaxy S5 and my Mac desktop. Both are synced together.

I copied it into another word processor and saved it there.

This is the second time this has happened.  Any ideas?

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*

Unless you posted this story somewhere else,  this is the second or third time I've seen 'invisible text' mentioned.  Not clear what happens - editing on the Android (when you tapped the green pencil) should only give you access to what's on the screen,  not blank our that text..  it sounds like the text colour may have been set to white or something.  Certainly worth a 'lost data' report - submit one by choosing "report a bug..." in the first dropdown after logging into this link > https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

On your Mac,  is the text still invisible?  Can you change the text colour to black to make it appear?

Archived